S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

S2000 audio/video systems

Old 06-28-2005, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deppenma,Jun 7 2005, 09:56 AM
New Carbon fiber box just installed.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...&f=26&t=294203
pics at bottom of first page.
That is rediculous
Old 06-29-2005, 04:39 AM

This lay up was actually a lot simpler/easier than originally thought. Next project is to lay up a carbon fiber amp rack in the trunk and at the same time make a CF tub for the Fire extinguisher /first aid kit and the processors that are going in the tool well in the trunk.

The box hit 136.2db at the last the last run. So the reading at the first competition of 136.8db has been confirmed.

This box was really cheep to do

6 subs at 32 a piece=192
Fiberglass and fiberglass resin=$25
The little amount of 1/2inch HDF used=$30
Carbon fiber 62inches wide/1.5foot @$11/foot=$16.5
Carbon fiber epoxy resin with hardener=$62
Clear coat (buddy hook up)=freebee
Labor/Time Freebee did it my self= one weekend

Total=$295.50
Old 07-12-2005, 12:22 PM

Darn it! Im only 29.19132% Geek!

I thought I was way geekier than that
Old 07-16-2005, 08:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been talking about my setup occasionally for a while but now I finally have some pictures to post. It is a stealth style install. Parts used are:

8" Kicker solbaric L7 powered by a Memphis MC500D amp
8" Kicker midbass (x1) powered by an Xtant 1.1 amp
6.5" Focal K2 components powered by an Alpine T320 amp
Headunit is an older Clarion comp unit DRX9575 with attached DPH7500z processor.

Stealth bass setup, two 8" drivers and the amps powering them (can't see midbass in picture). I still need to clean up the wiring when I have time.

Headunit Shot

Rear tray: covered the speaker grills in trunk carpeting (thin). Looks wrinkled but that is only the sun shining through my plastic window.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:36 PM

Hukares,

Nice work on the stealth sub box. How did you deal with the increase in height (from right to left as you face the spare tire area from the back of the car)? Is the box propped up on the right side so that it's level?

Did you say there are 2 subs in that box? Roughly how big (net internal volume) is the box if you happen to know.

Lastly, is the box secured to the car in any way or is it freestanding?

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is only one sub in the box.
I have an 8" midbass in a small sealed enclosure on the other side. The sub is all the way to one side of the box to make it nearly in the middle and the midbass is next to it (out of the picture though). I cheated on the box for the midbass, I bought one of the foam baskets and layered fiberglass around it. As for the uneven floor, the box is touching the floor at three corners, the forth corner I propped. The box is fiberglassed to the rear tray.
Installing them together is a bit tricky as the window has to be unzipped. The bottom of the box is solid by itself, but to decrease the chances of noise and movement, it is mounted with liquid nail. It has some flex but is strong and whenever I want to remove the box, a pry bar will break it loose. I also used it for mounting my crossovers in the doors.
And I almost forgot, the box volume is a touch over the minimum rating for the sub, .33 cu. feet. It would have been .4 but one of the corners in the back had to be trimmed to fit.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by hukares,Jul 17 2005, 01:38 AM
There is only one sub in the box.
I have an 8" midbass in a small sealed enclosure on the other side. The sub is all the way to one side of the box to make it nearly in the middle and the midbass is next to it (out of the picture though). I cheated on the box for the midbass, I bought on of the foam baskets and layered fiberglass around it. As for the uneven floor, the box is touches the floor at three corners, the forth corner I propped. The box is fiberglassed to the rear tray. Installing them together is a bit tricky as the window has to be unzipped. The bottom of the box is solid by itself, but to decrease the chances of noise and movement, it is mounted with liquid nail. It has some flex but is strong and whenever I want to remove the box, a pry bar will break it loose. I also used it for mouting my crossovers in the doors.
And I almost forgot, the box volume is a touch over the minimum rating for the sub .33 cu. feet. It would have been .4 but one of the corners in the back slopes rather than coming at a right angle.
Thanks, hukares. Now I get it.

Friendly word of advice: if you ever need to pry the box loose, exercise caution. You won't want the pry bar to bend the sheet metal. (Don't ask me how I know about this problem. )
Old 07-30-2005, 03:45 PM

I should have posted in this thread instead but here is my simple system.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=309858
Old 07-31-2005, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by JHoff,Jul 30 2005, 03:45 PM
I should have posted in this thread instead but here is my simple system.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=309858
Thanks for the link. Those pictures of the dynamat on the door were really helpful. A picture really is worth a thousand words.

Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:05 PM

Just finished my weekend project....

Clarion head unit w/ Sirius satellite radio
JL Audio VR525CSi 5.25 components
10" Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 2
Rockford Fosgate Punch 3002 (300w x 1)

The basic box layout...

Box fitted in the car....

The box fitted to the false floor...

The Sub test fit and wired up....

The box and false floor fitted into the car, amp mounted

Everything installed, hooked up and the trunk put back together....

Quick Reply: S2000 audio/video systems