S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

S2000 audio/video systems

Old 12-23-2004, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turbodriven -- while i also would mourn the loss of legroom... the rest of your setup looks good to me. very much along my thinking... after all, i am a anti-bling kind of guy.

still - you're living w/ that Xtant which is great... but the MB Quarts? eek man, do you really like that much highs?

one other thought -- sure, you have spare and tools, but when you get that flat, what's your plan regarding the amp?

all in all, looks good if you don't mind losing the footwell space... an in cabin solution is great, but i couldn't live w/ it...
Old 12-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Former Moderator

I agree with Phil. A lot of you guys are all excited about keeping your spare tire with your setup.....lest we forget, when you change your tire, WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO PUT THE FLAT!? In the car? What if someone is with you?

With the exception of the guys with the WLAURENT boxes, anyone who used up the well, big or small is screwed if they get a flat....spare or no spare.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ well that sums that up good call Dave
Old 12-24-2004, 09:30 PM

With the exception of the guys with the WLAURENT boxes, anyone who used up the well, big or small is screwed if they get a flat....spare or no spare.
that is my point exactly. not everyone is screwed, i should be an exception (*knocks on wood*) as i was very careful to make sure my amps can move to and squeeze into the area where the spare resides. here's hoping i never have to test it out for real.

but, unless you planned and measured out something of the same, you're going to be stuck...
Old 12-25-2004, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by PJK3,Dec 25 2004, 01:30 AM
that is my point exactly. not everyone is screwed, i should be an exception (*knocks on wood*) as i was very careful to make sure my amps can move to and squeeze into the area where the spare resides. here's hoping i never have to test it out for real.

but, unless you planned and measured out something of the same, you're going to be stuck...
well someone could always carry a sheet with them in say the spare tire area.. then wrap the flat tire in the sheet.. and put it in the foot well of the passenger side.. if it fits.. dont know if it would work.. but its an idea!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by YOD88,Dec 25 2004, 12:42 PM
well someone could always carry a sheet with them in say the spare tire area.. then wrap the flat tire in the sheet.. and put it in the foot well of the passenger side.. if it fits.. dont know if it would work.. but its an idea!
The tire even flat won't fit in the passenger footwell area, its just to big, on the seat I guess but if you have a passenger... no good Basically like Dave said if you add a sub in the well you won't have any place to put the your flat even if you carry the spare tire with you. Not even the smaller stock front tire wil fit in the spare tire area unfortunatly, that would have been nice though.

So even if you take out the tools and have them in the spare tire area to make room for the sub box to go into the well, you still have no place to put the flat tire... should you get one.

Its one of those things that once you start down that road its over... You can however have a nice setup and keep the spare and tools in the car and have room for a flat.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:17 PM

Do what I do, throw a bungee cord in with your tools and incase you get a flat stick the wheel out the back and bungee it.

-Alex
Old 12-27-2004, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by PJK3,Dec 23 2004, 05:55 PM
still - you're living w/ that Xtant which is great... but the MB Quarts? eek man, do you really like that much highs?
What's wrong with MB Quarts? I love mine, and would definitely pick them over Focal Utopias in the S2000. It just takes a good deal of attenuation to tune the Quarts to the right amount of treble for the S. No need to argue here, but I'd love for anyone to hear my system in person (that's a standing invite if you guys come to SoCal). I've never had a passenger feel anything but awe with my system after it's initial tuning
Old 12-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Former Moderator

The Qs are the only MBQuarts I would consider for my car. However, for 700 bucks retail, and 400+ street price, I honestly think they are not worth it. DOnt get me wrong, they are great speakers, and are fantastic quality, but its just not for me. I will never say anything negative about the Qs, except that they are hella bright, but I love that.

Phil.....while I agree with you about moving your amps and such, its still *not* a 100% solution. Too many variables. What if its pouring??? You are really going to go outside, and move your system around just so you can change a tire???

You all have s2000s, spend the 40 bucks a year and get AAA. Save yourselves a bunch of headaches. The s2000 tire on the side of the road takes about 1/2 an hour to change (if its the rear) at least.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:07 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

What is this "spare" you all keep referring to?

Quick Reply: S2000 audio/video systems