S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

S2000 audio/video systems

Old 12-13-2004, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a fan of that sub enclosure either but that's a really nice amp
Old 12-14-2004, 09:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbodriven,Dec 13 2004, 10:37 PM
FYI... I still have a toolkit... and a spare tire which is much more than most of the other people in here can say. So sad for you if you ever get a flat somewhere. And like I said... the sub box is near invisible and can be removed in seconds on the RARE occasion I have someone with long legs. (my 5'3" gf has no legroom problems).

*shrug... the only thing that looks bad IMO is the head unit. But it was a $500 unit that I picked up free so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Edit: Bear in mind also that this is my daily driver. I get groceries with mine. Doing an install like yours would make my trunk useless.
If you had a sub in the well, all the way down, put the toolkit over the spare tire, you would have MORE cargo room than what you have now. The HU actually looks good, but the enclosure doesnt.

And I dont know about useless, but I use my trunk just like everyone else.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:43 AM

Dave that's so funny looking
Old 12-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Dec 14 2004, 01:43 PM
Dave that's so funny looking
I know....I forgot to take a pic of the stuff when it was out of the car, just so you can see how much stuff that really is.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:13 PM

I bet that sub sounds really good with stuff packed in there like that.

I'm just playin. My setup works for me. Yours apparently works for you. Differences in taste makes us human.

One more thing to bare in mind is that I got my whole setup as a plug and play deal. A close friend totaled his S2000 and sold everything in it to me for $600. That's the Alpine head unit, DWI-X remote unit, Xtant amp with trunk panels and mounts, Sub box complete, MB Quart separates with Xovers for the doors, and all wiring pre-lengthed for an S2k in this configuration. He also threw in a loaded Viper alarm system and a front strut bar from RM or something. All for $600! Not a bad deal IMO. And maybe that's why I'm not complaining too much. How much did yours cost?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by turbodriven,Dec 13 2004, 07:37 PM
FYI... I still have a toolkit... and a spare tire which is much more than most of the other people in here can say. So sad for you if you ever get a flat somewhere. And like I said... the sub box is near invisible and can be removed in seconds on the RARE occasion I have someone with long legs. (my 5'3" gf has no legroom problems).

*shrug... the only thing that looks bad IMO is the head unit. But it was a $500 unit that I picked up free so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Edit: Bear in mind also that this is my daily driver. I get groceries with mine. Doing an install like yours would make my trunk useless.
Well, I for one really enjoy the practicality of your system.

Your sub box looks fine, fits well, and I have a feeling it sounds great. There is something to be said for having the sound in the cabin where the ears of the listener are normally kept. The chest cavity of the listener is in the cabin as well, and if your two JLs kick your chest as much as my single does, I'm sure you have more tight bass than you need. And no license plate rattles to deal with...

I've never really thought the trunk of a car was the best place for speakers unless the car is parked with the trunk open. That is never the case for me. Just because there is space there doesn't mean you should put speakers there...

That's my personal opinion, but you will see that many people here feel otherwise.

Thanks for posting pictures--it helps others who are looking for new ideas!

I would say don't rip it out. Enjoy it.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by turbodriven,Dec 14 2004, 02:13 PM
All for $600! Not a bad deal IMO.
Not a bad deal at all!

And you have a spare tire and lots of trunk space as well.

I forgot to mention I have an Xtant 403a amp driving my front components and sub (older cousino of yours, I guess...). Lots of clean, loud sound! Crazy setup options, but once I got it figured out it sounds great!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by turbodriven,Dec 13 2004, 07:37 PM
FYI... I still have a toolkit... and a spare tire which is much more than most of the other people in here can say. So sad for you if you ever get a flat somewhere...
Great setup, turbodriven. It reminds me of a question for those who have removed their spare tire:

Do you have a "flat tire strategy" and, if so, what is it?

I took my spare out but have no clue how I'm going to deal with a flat if and when the situation arises.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:38 PM

Can of fix-a-flat or call a flat bed truck and get the tire plugged so you can drive it home. You could even carry a plug kit in the car and fix it your self right on the side of the road.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by dierk,Dec 20 2004, 07:10 PM
Great setup, turbodriven. It reminds me of a question for those who have removed their spare tire:

Do you have a "flat tire strategy" and, if so, what is it?

I took my spare out but have no clue how I'm going to deal with a flat if and when the situation arises.

Thanks.
I have the phone number to Honda Care's 24hr roadside towing. I live by the seat of my pants!

Quick Reply: S2000 audio/video systems