S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

requesting informationg for indash screen

Old 07-24-2006, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default requesting informationg for indash screen

I was looking to install a jdm indash bezel with a honda oddyssey screen and navi/dvd unit. It looks exactly the same as the set up used in the jdm s2000's. Has anyone tried this? Also where can I get the wiring from if needed? Or should I go with another set up instead? MY goal is to have a navigation system/dvd player and ofcourse radio. Let me know what you guys recommend and pros and cons on either or set up
Old 07-24-2006, 08:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The problem is getting that bezel in the exact mirror image as the JDM one. You'd have to have it custom made or home made.
Wiring is easy. There are empty spade connector for power at the fuse panel.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:41 AM

I was under the impression the JDM bezel will slighty tilt the screen towards the passenger side after installed in USDM cars. If thats the case its fine with me.

I was more concerned with the wiring. When it comes down to the navigation, are there wires that run from the unit into the bumper or something?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 AM

A JDM bezel won't fit in a US car. Look at the contours of your dash. It is the exact mirror image of the JDM car. You won't be able to take the bezel and mount it in your car. You would take the bezel and flip it like you would the page of a book to make the contours match up. Of course then, the bezel would be inside out.

As for the wiring, that depends on what kind of antenae it uses. It might have to be run to the outside where it can get a line of sight to the sky.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by xviper,Jul 24 2006, 11:17 AM
As for the wiring, that depends on what kind of antenae it uses. It might have to be run to the outside where it can get a line of sight to the sky.
Is there a company that makes a bezel that looks and works good? Im not sure if the honda odyssey uses the antenae wiring. I was hoping someone from this forum would know . How about the aftermarket units? Which Screens/units are you guys using? Any wiring leading to the antenae?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 PM

A lot of views but not to many responses. Was this covered already? Can anyone give me info on the Honda Oddyssey unit?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:21 PM

I think a few people are interested in this and are viewing this thread hoping you'll get an answer. Not many have actually done this. I seem to recall that "perhaps", the moderator of this forum "darkknight1999", may have done something along these lines. Give him a PM and direct him to this thread. He may have something to say.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:13 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K DRIFTER,Jul 24 2006, 03:34 PM
Is there a company that makes a bezel that looks and works good? Im not sure if the honda odyssey uses the antenae wiring. I was hoping someone from this forum would know . How about the aftermarket units? Which Screens/units are you guys using? Any wiring leading to the antenae?
One of the problems you will run intro is every screen has a slightly different frame/size. Its hard to buy/make a stock bezel "one size fits all" .

I had mine custom fabricated. There are pics in my sig link.

<--Alpine screen/ Nav Unit + Alpine DVD changer
Old 07-25-2006, 02:11 PM

Thanks xviper, i'll drop darknight a pm. mikes2k, your indash looks pretty cool. How many hours did it take? I am almost certin the odyssey uses the same tv as the JDM s2k and the jdm bezel should work with minor modification.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:20 PM

The JDM bezel does not fit at all. It faces the wrong way. The shape of the bezel is made for the RHD dashes not the LHD. You need to have one custom made.
I bought an extra dash and I got a JDM bezel trying to make it work... it doesn't.

You have to have it custom made.

Quick Reply: requesting informationg for indash screen