S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Question for EDFC wiring

Old 06-16-2004, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for EDFC wiring

I'm currently in on the group buy for the Tein Flex + EDFC. I was reading the install directions and the wiring for the EDFC entails the following (taken from the directions):

- All time power supply (Yellow cable): Connect using a branch connector from the all time power supply.

- Accessory power supply (Red cable): Connect using a branch connector from the accessory power supply having sufficient electric capacity such as a cigarette lighter. Caution, if the red cable is connected to the accessory power supply not having sufficient electric capacity, sufficient electric power to operate a motor would not be obtained and also it would have a bad influence on the other electric car components.

- Illumination power supply (Green cable): Connect using a branch connector from the illumination power supply

I don't know much about the interior wiring of the car. What wires (and where) in the car could I tap into for the yellow, red, and green wires mentioned above?
Old 06-16-2004, 06:34 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

These are available off of the radio wiring harness. Not sure about the dimmer as my radio does not seem to dim with the lights at all (aftermarket radio.)

What is an EDFC?
Old 06-16-2004, 07:21 AM

Electronic Dampening Force Controller

With the Tein Flex system, you can attach these units to the top of the dampers that have motors so that you can adjust the stiffness of the suspension with the computer mounted in the car, at any time.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:41 AM

my brother installed the edfc into his mr2/ At first we tapped into the radio connections like suggested but once he started adjusting it with the radio on it blew the fuse for the radio. We went under the dash and found other wires we could use. To get wires we actually ran one wire for the constant 12V to the battery, which wasent difficult on his car. For the illumination we went under tyhe stering wheel column and using a test light found one that came on with the lights and one that only came on when the ignition came on. Now mind you this was on a mr2 not an s2000 but thats how we did his. Hope this helps! i would also ask in the group buy secton too see where others are planning to wire the edfc.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:53 AM

OK, sorry I did not realize how much power these draw. The under-dash fuse panel offers an always on, ignition on, and on with headlights already there. Here is the pic:

Old 06-16-2004, 11:41 AM

JP_BLACK: Thanks, that does help because I was thinking of wiring it into the stereo wire harness at first. Think I will stay away from that now.

ruexp67: That pic will help a lot, thanks. This looks like the best place to wire the EDFC into.

Anyone know if there is an accessory power wire that also runs in the general area of the fuse panel?
Old 06-16-2004, 11:42 AM

Accessory power == on w/ignition. The three wires you need are the three posts on the fuse panel.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:59 AM

Awesome, the wiring will be pretty easy then. Thanks.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know this is old...but where does the black (ground) wire go???
Old 11-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill also bring this thread back.

how did the edfc install go? im going to be ordering mine in a month and im going to use the fuse pannel under the dash...any comments? any trouble?

Quick Reply: Question for EDFC wiring