S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Question About Ebay Sellers

Old 07-09-2004, 01:14 PM

Received 789 Likes on 477 Posts
Thumbs up Question About Ebay Sellers

There are two eBay sellers offering the same product and I was just wondering if anyone had any good/bad experiences with them. They have quite a bit of feedback (mainly positive). My opinion is to go with indoaudio since they have so much more feedback (and overall positive), but I'd like other people's opinions who have dealt with these people.

indoaudio (13027 feedback, 99.2% positive)
dynamicautosound (1947 feedback, 99.2% positive)

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

99.2% positive is stellar. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with either seller.

Depending on what you're looking at, you likely won't have manufacturer's warranty, but the price will more than likley make up for that shortcoming.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:45 PM

I bought from Indoaudio- would never do it again. There are several others on here who feel the same way- pity the search function isn't working yet.

For indo- if they have the stuff in stock, then I'm sure everything will go fine. If they don't- then prepare for a major headache. I'm not saying they are all that much better or worse than any other eBay or online dealer- it's always buyer beware. But they do issue a lot of blank promises to string you along, always promising your product is expected later today, by monday, etc. When in reality, you are looking at 3-4 weeks or more for anything they don't have. Look at their negative feedback and you'll see what I mean, everyone has basically the same story about them.

I have some really hilarious email interchanges between myself and them that I could send you if you'd like. If you read them, I'm 99.2% sure you'd take your money somewhere else

Here is a very typical quote from one of our many interchanges:

Me: Hi, Any update on the shipping date for these items?

Indo: That is no problem

Thank you for the email, we appreciate the business and we are here to assist you with any problems that you may encounter.

So when they promise to return your email in 4 hours, they are serious but this is the kind of response you usually get. Other folks who had to wait are probably laughing because they probably got the same run-around.

Also, numerous people have noted that if you leave them negative feedback, they will automatically leave you negative feedback which probably discourages a lot of dissatisfied customers from actually dinging them. All of this makes Indo fall short of even my extremely low expectations for business ethics of an eBay seller.

Peter
Old 07-10-2004, 03:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've just returned a tweeter back in indoaudio so I'll post the result of my warranty claim in due course.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:44 AM

I have to agree with PoweredByCamry. I bought Focal Utopias from Indoaudio. The price was great but the service was horrendous. First, I waited for weeks to get my order shipped. Every time I'd email them to see if it shipped I'd get a response that it would ship out in a day or two, and every time I'd wait another week with no speakers. Finally, after about a month and a half or waiting I received a tracking number. When the speakers arrived, I found out they shipped the speakers in a box with no packing material. The retail box flaps were hanging open and the box was pretty badly damaged. Good luck trying to return anything in that condition. When I opened the box to check out the speakers I found that there was no manual or paperwork of any kind in the box. I have sent them 6 emails asking for a manual. Each time they respond asking for my mailing address (even though I already included it in the original email) and they tell me it will mail out the next day. I never received a manual and gave up trying to get one. Luckily my speakers are working without any problems, I would probably rather spend another $500-$600 on new speakers before having to deal with this company with a warranty issue.

One thing you have to take into account is that indoaudio will not have much negative feedback b/c there policy is that if anyone gives them negative or neutral feedback, they give negative feedback to the buyer no matter what the reason. Unfortunately since I do not have much feedback yet on Ebay I haven't been able to post my "real" feedback due to these consequences.

I can not emphasize enough the benefit of paying the extra it costs to get something from a authorized dealer or at least one that is more reputable and has better customer service. I realize that many people cannot afford the prices charged by authorized dealers but if I had to do it again I would have paid a little more and got the Focal K2Ps instead from my local dealer. Indoaudio has left such a bad taste in my mouth that it has discouraged me from buying anything substantial on Ebay in the future.

Sorry for the long-winded response, but I felt that you should have all the details before making a decision. This was my experience and I realize others may have had good experiences with this company, however I know other have shared my experience.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by craig armstrong,Jul 10 2004, 11:18 PM
I've just returned a tweeter back in indoaudio so I'll post the result of my warranty claim in due course.
Well I said I'd let you all know about my waranty claim when it was finally sorted...

I've lost count how many emails I have exchanged regarding the defective tweeter I returned to indo audio four months ago. I was consistently sent a single sentence response, always along the lines of "we are speaking to Boston about this" or more worryingly , in more recent times, "Boston have no replacement tweeters for this discontinued model so we'll think up a solution ourselves".

Eventually last week I contacted Boston direct and I had my replacement tweeter promised within a few hours by a very helpful cusotmer services guy, sounds like indo audio were seriously stringing me along I received the tweeter this week and I've just fitted in - I'd forotten how awesome the Boston Pro Series speakers are but I will never buy anything off ebay again unleess it a local seller who I can give grief to!
Old 11-06-2004, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i was looking for high-end speakers i recall that someone from indo posted in the "good buys section" he mentioned that he would give s2ki members a "special" price after i asked for a price, i found his price was actually higher than his e-bay price... nothing special about that

futhermore there were many horror stories regarding indo....

spend a few extra bucks and avoid indo like the plague
Old 11-06-2004, 04:54 AM

Oh, and ALWAYS make the purchase off of e-bay using a credit card. If they don't accept CCs, look for another vendor. This way, you have the CC company backing you up rather than e-bay (and we all know who we'd rather have watching our six, a huge CC company with pull, or e-bay without a care in the world but their profit).