S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Pioneer Speakers TS-D1720C

Old 04-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

you can use a l-pad then, it attenuates the speaker without affecting the ohm load on the amp. if your tweeters are 8 ohms you can use variable l-pad like these http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...TOKEN=99481428 to adjust the attenuation, if not you can make a fixed l-pad with this calculator http://www.bcae1.com/lpad.htm
Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not really just the tweeter being too loud, actually, at -3db, I find the tweeter level just fine overall. I suspect the upper mid spike is somewhere in the upper range of the woofer actually, but whatever it is, it is a localized frequency spike. I haven't done anything serious to pinpoint it so I'm not sure. I'll probably just live with it until I can afford a HU upgrade to something with a better EQ. Thanks for the links though, I didnt know those things existed before. I've researched it online and people have done xover mods to fix it amongst other things. I know I can install Alpine's Imprint, or even something as simple as an aftermarket eq, but I don't really have the funds right now or the space in my car to place one of those.

WHODATNATION, I went into my other door today to track down some rattles and took some pictures of how the tweeter and speaker were mounted for you: D1720C

The entire stock speaker basket was cut out, leaving only a ring. Also, most of the foam covered ring on the inside of the interior panel was also cut to allow the door panel to be reinstalled without touching the speaker.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA1NSXR
Its not really just the tweeter being too loud, actually, at -3db, I find the tweeter level just fine overall. I suspect the upper mid spike is somewhere in the upper range of the woofer actually, but whatever it is, it is a localized frequency spike. I haven't done anything serious to pinpoint it so I'm not sure. I'll probably just live with it until I can afford a HU upgrade to something with a better EQ. Thanks for the links though, I didnt know those things existed before. I've researched it online and people have done xover mods to fix it amongst other things. I know I can install Alpine's Imprint, or even something as simple as an aftermarket eq, but I don't really have the funds right now or the space in my car to place one of those.

Thanks for taking pictures. In the pics it looks like they mod the tweeter to get it to fit. As for the foor speakers I didn't want to trim the door panel, so i just had speaker brackets made.

WHODATNATION, I went into my other door today to track down some rattles and took some pictures of how the tweeter and speaker were mounted for you: D1720C

The entire stock speaker basket was cut out, leaving only a ring. Also, most of the foam covered ring on the inside of the interior panel was also cut to allow the door panel to be reinstalled without touching the speaker.