S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

parking lights don't work, turn signals and hazards do, need to pass inspection!

Old 04-23-2011, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking lights don't work, turn signals and hazards do, need to pass inspection!

I don't understand electronics as well as I do the mechanicals.

Like the topic states, my hazards work and the turn signals work, but the parking lights don't come on with the stalk in parking lights or headlights on. Also, the turn signal lights don't flash when you chirp the factory alarm.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I have to fix this in order to pass my state inspection.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:20 PM

I would focus on the turn signal ckt since you know that all of the other lights work. i'm looking at the wiring diagram right now. do your taillights work also? if they don't try checking fuse 54 (underhood 30A), or fuse 23 (underdash 10A). if they are NOT blown, try swapping the taillight relay (located within the underdash relay box) with a known good one. if that still does not work, you have a open wire somewhere between the combination switch and the underdash fuse box or a bad combination switch
Old 04-23-2011, 04:27 PM

All of the lights work, they just don't turn on with the parking light switch. Turn signals, rear lights etc all work. Don't the parking lights and turn signals share the same bulbs? Like the small indicators on the front fenders, they blink with the signals, blink with the hazards, and are supposed to turn on when the park lights are on, or the headlights are turned on, but they (and all the others that are supposed to, except the headlights and the tailights) don't.

As far as I can tell, every single bulb works on the car, its simply that the parking light/marker bulbs aren't activated when the stalk is placed in park/headlights on.

Where can I find the wiring diagram for this?
Old 04-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Oh, also, I don't know of any relays or fuses inside the car. It is a model year 2000, I think that makes a difference as different years had them in different locations.

If there are some there, I will check them. The car didn't have a manual when I bought it, I'm not sure where they would be if they are inside the car, I only found some under the hood (which all checked out)
Old 04-23-2011, 05:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

maybe corrosion in the plug sockets?
I have a similar issue with my passenger side parking light. Have to hit the headlight housing sometimes for it to work. Think a bulb maybe loose or a connection.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:10 PM

anyone ever figure this out?

i have the same problem, rear lights work, just the front driver's side blinker and sidemarker will not turn on during parking light mode and when locking/unlocking car.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had tjis happen to me. Check ALL fuses under the dash carefully. Then pull the bulb out and make sure it isnt blown. If itlooks good plug it back it. Wiggle it a bit and if that fails turn it around. The connecter wires might be a bit messed up and loose on connection. That all solved my problem.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:05 AM

I have the same exact issue on my 2004 AP2, front blinkers don't go on with parking light switch or when headlights are ON, and they don't blink when I press the lock button on the keyless. The car has had a small front accident and bumper was removed, so I was wondering if the wiring for the lights has a problem, but seems others have the same issue.

I will take off the bumper and take a closer look but it might be a fuse issue, can everyone confirm that its either corrosion or the fuses? Thanks
Old 07-16-2011, 02:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i would eliminate all possibilities. check all fuses in the car with a voltmeter (under hood and dash) then id check all the wiring you can (inspect wires for cuts/bare wire, then id remove all the bulbs and check the bulbs and sockets for corrision and clean them up
Old 07-18-2011, 07:59 PM

I'm having the same problem, except my parking lights work when I trip my alarm but don't at all with my headlights on. All other lights work.

By now I know that all the other lights are on a different circuit -

Lights that don't work -

Dash lights
Parking lights
License plate light

It looks like all the fuses are fine and I've checked all the wiring as best as I can (with Alarm, System & Laser/Radar Detector) it's a wiring mess! Everything seems to be in order for what I can see.

I did however see someone mentioning the "3" relays that can be found under the dash. I only have 2 the one closest to the fender is empty... weird? It's a 2000 model so I don't know if that relay is associated with anything that could be causing any issues...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: parking lights don't work, turn signals and hazards do, need to pass inspection!