S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

OEM Navigation Troubleshooting

Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Navigation Troubleshooting

I have read a lot about trying to get an OEM s2k navigation system into non navi cars. However I have a different problem. I have a 99 JDM S2000 import with DVD navi and I am interested to see if I can get it to work. I am aware of the potential problems with discs etc. but my problem is more fundimental. Although I have power to the screen and DVD unit, I don't get any startup screen, the screen remains blank. The original head unit has been replaced with an aftermarket unit, leaving the audio connection (mute etc) disconnected. I am not sure if this would cause a problem (I havent been able to get a JDM 2000 wiring diagram).
The other issue is that I only have US/EUROPE DVD discs. Are these wholly incomapatible and is a disc needed before the initial splash screen is displayed?
I am just interested to see how far I can get with this, so any help, diagrams etc. would be much appreciated. BTW I have tried using the diagrams from the Odyssey and although the pin-outs on the DVD and screen units are the same the wiring doesn't appear to be the same?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:26 AM

what aftermarket headunit did you put in?? it honestly just sounds like a shot headunit... or that you don't have a turn on wire hooked up corretly.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:49 AM

The head unit is a Kenwood and has the usual ISO and remote control adapter fitted, which works fine. The extra connector from the navi is the one used for putting voice over the head unit's amplifier. This is the one I have no equivalent connector for on the head unit and hence it is not connected. You may be right maybe there is a power connector fron the HU into the navi, but I can't source any info diagrams etc. to check this.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:08 PM

Any ideas guys....?

If anyones got the service diagram for the S2000 OEM navi this would be a big help?
Old 03-19-2008, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The after market deck shouldnt have anything to do with the nav except for the mute. Do you have the jdm nav disc still? What version is it and have you tried it? Did it ever power on? You may just have a bad screen.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:47 PM

I haven't got a japanese disc only us and european, so this may be the problem?

Should you get anything on the screen without a disc? Or is there a test mode for the screen, dvd unit?

I noticed that there are only two connectors to the DVD unit in the boot. This does not look right as there are 3 sockets on the unit...
Old 03-19-2008, 05:49 PM

Also the car had been imported so the navigation may have been disconnected for the SVA test. This is where an original diagram would be useful.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:00 PM

see if this helps
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry10667479
Old 03-20-2008, 04:56 PM

Yeah I have seen this before, In my setup I have only the 12 and 8 pin connectors are used on the DVD unit. There doesnt seem any other wiring. Like I said both the DVD unit and screen power up (the screen control backlighting is on at night).
I have never seen this working so it could be a bad screen, but I still don't know if the dvd disk has to be in the drive before you get anything on the display? Can anyone confirm this?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:13 PM

Where did you get the us euro disc? What is the version numbe ron it and what color is it?

Quick Reply: OEM Navigation Troubleshooting