S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

OEM M-BUS

Old 08-01-2005, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM M-BUS

Hey guys, I'd just picked up a used oem 6 disk changer and it didn't come with the oem M-bus cable. Can anyone direct me to a site which I can purchase this oem item? All I need is that oem M-bus cable to hook it up, thanks in advance...
Old 08-01-2005, 05:47 AM

http://www.handa-accessories.com/s2000-03.html

H&A does not show the kit seperately on the web page, but call them and they should be able to sell you the kit at a discount off of Honda retail. The complete kits includes a "safety cage" for the changer, the cover, and a cable.

BTW, I noticed when I had my 05 HU out this weekend that it APPEARS to be pre-wired for the changer - at least there was a plug and cable in the changer interface port (but I have no changer).

Dennis
Old 08-01-2005, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by DWynne
I noticed when I had my 05 HU out this weekend that it APPEARS to be pre-wired for the changer
I take it that this pre-wiring was plugged into the 14-pin socket back there? (The bigger one, 19-pins, is the main HU connector.)

This would verify some extremely cryptic information in the shop manual. It shows a bus plug under the dash for the changer pre-wiring and a connector in the trunk (which is there -- fastened to the fuel tank, to the left of the spare tire -- it's just behind the left trim panel, and you can see it with the spare tire trim panel off).

But there's no information about the pin-outs on these plugs (unlike the main connector, which has its pin-outs listed). This is a shame, because I bet you could, with the pin-outs, figure out how to use this plug in the trunk for an i-Pod or whatever. HPH
Old 08-01-2005, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by DrCloud,Aug 1 2005, 07:56 AM
I take it that this pre-wiring was plugged into the 14-pin socket back there? (The bigger one, 19-pins, is the main HU connector.)
Correct. My 01 had the changer and had both the big blue radio plug and the smaller CD changer plug. My 05 has no changer, but when I pulled the OEM HU out there was a changer plug in the HU in addition to the blue main radio plug.

A lot of cars come pre-wired for changers since it can be a PITA to run the wire - and so much easier to do it before the carpet and trim is put in. I guess you can add the S to that list?

Several companies make aux in converters that should work in place of the changer. You would connect it to the back of the factory HU and then have an aux input in the cockpit of the car.

Dennis
Old 08-01-2005, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by DWynne
Several companies make aux in converters that should work in place of the changer. You would connect it to the back of the factory HU and then have an aux input in the cockpit of the car.
Or, presumably, you could use the connection in the trunk, which is way easier to get at and easier to route wires to the cockpit from.

Any hints on those companies? I imagine that this has to be an S2K-specific converter connector. Thanks, HPH
Old 08-01-2005, 08:34 AM

This one is supposed to work with 04 and newer S2000s:

http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapters/pie...n03-pc-son.html

There is another one from PIE for older S's

http://www.myradiostore.us/auxadapters/pie.../hon98-aux.html

Both are made to be connected to the back of the head unit, not in the trunk.

The Blitzsafe models should work as well:

http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catalog/bli...litz_honda.html

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/auxacurahon.html

Dennis
Old 08-01-2005, 08:40 AM

back to the originial question for a sec, you can get the bus cable itself from a dealer (or in my case i ordered from hardtopguy), it is cheaper than the whole kit especially if you don't want or already have the stupid "cage" you do have to be specific about just wanting the cabe tho. a further thought, the guy who sold you the thing might have been too lazy to pull it out of his car, harass him to do it. cause the cable will cost like $50
Old 08-01-2005, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by MonkeyCMonkeyDo,Aug 1 2005, 08:40 AM
back to the originial question for a sec, you can get the bus cable itself from a dealer (or in my case i ordered from hardtopguy), it is cheaper than the whole kit especially if you don't want or already have the stupid "cage" you do have to be specific about just wanting the cabe tho. a further thought, the guy who sold you the thing might have been too lazy to pull it out of his car, harass him to do it. cause the cable will cost like $50
Emailed the guy and he said that he only has the 9 pin connector that goes to the changer, is that all I need? That 9 pin connector should connector from the changer to the stock HU am I correct? Also is there any positvie/negetive wires that I'll have to connect in order for the changer to work or does the 9 pin connect (M-BUS?) takes care of all that? I'm very thankful for all the great replies guy...
Old 08-02-2005, 07:53 AM

i forget how many pins it is but its just the one cord, if he was smart he traced it back to the head unit and removed all 15 ft or so of the cord with connectors on each end, if he just cut it cause he was too lazy to pull it you need a new cord.