S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

New Rear Speakers

Old 02-01-2002, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2KRAY
[B]I can mute the entire system but I'm not sure of just the rear speakers.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:46 AM

[B]This is just an FYI for anyone considering getting these installed.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:50 AM

I just received my Lucid speakers two days ago. About six months ago, I had the factory head unit replaced with an Alpine unit, replaced the 6.5" speakers in the door with Infinity speakers and added a 125W 2 channel Alpine amp. The sound was very good out of the system; however, all of the sound was from my front nothing coming from behind. Recently, I decided to go with the Lucid rear speakers. Once I get them installed and running, I will post a reply with pics of the final install.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:01 AM

Received 783 Likes on 533 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lucid
[B]

That's actually relatively more expensive.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:56 AM

[B]

I am being fair.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:46 PM

Received 783 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally posted by matrix

At least give Lucid credit for putting you on to the idea for rear speakers, instead of bashing him about price.
You're right, I apologize for my intention was certainly not to bash anyone or their product. I just wanted to offer an alternative and offer members a choice in going with rear speakers. There are many products discussed on this board and some have been deemed good or bad based on quality, performance or cost. My apologies to Lucid as well as they offer a fine system.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

No harm, no fowl. Lucid saved my ass with his harness. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to exercise personal options either. For some folks, it's simply worth it.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:44 PM

I have been reading car audio forums like Sound Domain for the last few years and a lot of people who post say that rear speakers can do damage to sound quality. They say that unless you are doing a surround sound installation for DVD or multimedia, the best set up is a good set of components in the front and a subwoofer. This way the speakers provide all the music in the front of you as in a concert and the bass would be provided by the subwoofer. Some people recommended having rear speakers to accommodate rear seat passengers, which we don't have or rear speakers can be used to fill the ambience/space behind you, but then again we don't have any space behind us except that which is already filled by a subwoofer. Rear speakers can ruin your imaging and staging because voices would be coming from behind you. I'm no expert but that's what I have read from people who compete in car audio competitions. I want to do a DVD system with surround sound so I would be considering rear speakers, but I don't have the money for that now. If I was doing a regular system I would probably get a nice head unit to start off with, a good set of component speakers for the front, and a good quality subwoofer, all powered by amps that provide clean power.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:53 PM

Everything you state about imaging is correct. But realize that you are sitting on ONE side of a convertible car...not exactly the best place for one with a critical ear concerned about staging. Now if it was home audio...you are right on the money! I believe it is a personal choice whether the rears add value or not.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-01-2002, 02:12 PM
Former Moderator

moving to electronics..

BTW, I thank Lucid every time I turn on my stereo...Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: New Rear Speakers