S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

new iPod interface

Old 10-31-2003, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new iPod interface

Ice-Link
ice>Link:iPod is the ultimate car kit for your Apple iPod. iPod audio is routed through your head unit's CD changer port and keypresses including FF & RW are passed from your head unit (and steering wheel controls in suitably-equipped vehicles) to your iPod resulting in safe control of your iPod while driving.
The site's a little odd in that clicking on links changes the text at the very bottom of the page instead of taking you to a new page.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:38 AM

That is great news - Been waiting for someone to come up with this. I hope they have an interface for Alpine AI-NET sometime soon!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:49 AM

The photo has hot spots. Clicking on the bottom of the iPod reveals
ice>Link : iPod includes a FireWire port for in-car charging of your iPod. 1st and 2nd generation iPods are charged through their FireWire ports; 3rd generation iPods through their dock connector.
Clicking on the radio face yields
When you enter CD changer mode on your head unit, your iPod starts playing. When you return to FM/AM, your iPod pauses.
Looks like they planned this thing well

Funny how these things work out - I bought my 15GB iPod a couple weeks before the mid-model changed to 20GB, and I installed the PIE HON-AUX last week.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:44 PM

Whoa sweet. This sounds great if it actually works. Somebody buy one!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:30 PM

i use ai-net to rca that connects rca to mini and mini to belkin charger and belkin charger to ipod.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:44 AM

I currently do the same thing, but it would amazing to have the headunit actually be able to control thre iPod functions, no?
Old 11-05-2003, 01:01 PM

it would be.... except i don't have the alpine mp3 player... i got a model down because i didn't feel the need to play mp3's outside of my ipod. i would like to see our stock controls be able to control the ipod. that would be money!
Old 11-05-2003, 05:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tomas
it would be.... except i don't have the alpine mp3 player... i got a model down because i didn't feel the need to play mp3's outside of my ipod.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:49 AM

the button on the alpine kept getting pushed when i would close the stereo door. a heat gun and 5 minutes let me change the inside of the door so it no longer hits.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:24 PM

Very Interesting! How do you navigate around the Ice-Link Site? Want more information such as pricing, etc., but unable to find.

Originally posted by SpiceWare
Ice-LinkThe site's a little odd in that clicking on links changes the text at the very bottom of the page instead of taking you to a new page.

Quick Reply: new iPod interface