S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

In need of help installing Alpine X305SBT

Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of help installing Alpine X305SBT

Good afternoon,

I recently picked up an Alpine iDA-X305SBT head unit and bluetooth module from a friend, I also picked up the Modifry unit and wiring harness.

I haven't done an install this complicated before and I am feeling a little lost. The head unit looks like a very straight forward install, Modifry has done a great job of idiot proofing that part of the install. Where I am running into questions I can't find the answers to is when I start looking at how to install the BT unit.

There are 4 leads coming off of the harness labeled, ACC, BATT, GND, and MUTE. My question to you is where should these wires be attached?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, just feeling really lost here.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-12-2013, 04:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the BT unit the one that comes with the iDA-X305SBT?

If so, plugging it in should be fairly straightforward with a single cable running from the module to the head unit, a power cable and the mic.

Did you not buy the Alpine PnP harness http://www.modifry.com/products/dci/pnp.htm from Modifry? It really is just plug and play.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by takeshi

If so, plugging it in should be fairly straightforward with a single cable running from the module to the head unit, a power cable and the mic.

Did you not buy the Alpine PnP harness http://www.modifry.com/products/dci/pnp.htm from Modifry? It really is just plug and play.
Thanks for your reply. You are mostly correct about the plug and play aspect of the harness, and if it wasn't for the 4 additional leads that are used to connect the power, etc to the BT module it would be 100% plug-n-play. I am going to need to do a little splicing of the wires to make it all come together, but I have to say that Bob at Modifry went above and beyond answering my questions.

I sent Bob an email just after posting here last night and he got back to me a little while ago with this very helpful response that I've included below should anyone else run into a similar situation:

ACC - accessory power which is the red wire in the PnP harness (not the smaller one that goes to the DCI module)
BATT - yes, yellow wire
GND - black in the PnP, not the small black in the DCI harness
MUTE - you will have to connect this to the pink wire in the PnP harness and set DCI switch 1 ON (up) so the DCI and BT module do not “fight” each other.

Bob
Old 02-17-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by CasperSPT
Originally Posted by takeshi' timestamp='1360675682' post='22331632

Thanks for your reply. You are mostly correct about the plug and play aspect of the harness, and if it wasn't for the 4 additional leads that are used to connect the power, etc to the BT module it would be 100% plug-n-play. I am going to need to do a little splicing of the wires to make it all come together, but I have to say that Bob at Modifry went above and beyond answering my questions.

I sent Bob an email just after posting here last night and he got back to me a little while ago with this very helpful response that I've included below should anyone else run into a similar situation:

ACC - accessory power which is the red wire in the PnP harness (not the smaller one that goes to the DCI module)
BATT - yes, yellow wire
GND - black in the PnP, not the small black in the DCI harness
MUTE - you will have to connect this to the pink wire in the PnP harness and set DCI switch 1 ON (up) so the DCI and BT module do not “fight” each other.

Bob
Just to close the loop. I installed the new head unit and Bluetooth module. I have to say the space was very cramped and a bit of a pain. That said though, the Modifry product is great and Bob at Modifry was fantastic at providing the help I needed. I am really happy with the way the dash controls function and the SCV feature is great.