S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Need assistance w/ WLaurent alarm for s2k

Old 11-17-2005, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. Sorry to keep bugging you William. I was wondering if you had the chance to spend any more time on this. If so, did you come across anything? Thanks.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately I have been getting home so late this week I have not been able to play with the alarm for fear of pissing of the neighbors.

Definately will get to it Saturday

Sorry for the delay.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:12 AM

No need to apologize. I appreciate any time you're able to spend working on it. I can certainly understand being busy.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Former Moderator

I finally got a chance to test it out on my car and all works exactly the way it says it should in the users guide. Although it is a little tricky - took me 3 or 4 times to get into properly.

Send me a PM with your address and I will see if I can find an extra alarm module to send you.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 AM

Does it matter if the door is open or closed when you ground that wire?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Former Moderator

The door must be closed.

1. close door
2. ground wire
3. start programming sequence as listed in user manual
Old 11-28-2005, 06:43 AM

A quick update on this matter to make this thread complete:

I was finally able to successfully program the alarm module. The trick was that the door needed to be closed while the wire was being grounded. It's difficult to see and reach up into that area where the wires are, so previously I was kneeling on the ground with the door open to make it easier to look up into and access this area. Then, after it was grounded, I'd get in the car and close the door. For whatever reason, the alarm doesn't like this sequence. You have to ground the wire while the door is closed. Because of this I would suggest to anyone with this alarm to incorporate some type of switch or similar setup for this wire. That way you can simply reach up under the dash area and flip a switch to ground the wire when needed without having to see what you're doing. Because you certainly won't be able to sit in the driver's seat w/ the doors closed and see up under the dash to disconnect a wire and ground it... unless maybe you're a contortionist.

At any rate, it's a small detail, but it was important. Now everything works flawlessly. Thanks to William for being patient and helping me out, and everyone else who offered advice. William even offered to send me a whole new unit, so thumbs up to him for that. I don't know if he's still in the business of selling these alarms, but they work great and even come with install instructions (complete w/ pictures) tailored specifically for the s2000.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:30 PM

keyword: evenflo

thanks for the update usace.

Because you certainly won't be able to sit in the driver's seat w/ the doors closed and see up under the dash to disconnect a wire and ground it... unless maybe you're a contortionist.
or you can just hold the door trigger button closed or tape it down.

for William's alarm.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by PJK3,Dec 6 2005, 10:30 PM
or you can just hold the door trigger button closed or tape it down.
DOH!

Yeah, that probably would make life a little easier. Good suggestion.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:10 AM

Here is a link to WLaurent's install instructions in case anyone is curious about them or would like to use them as a reference.

http://darksidesubs.com/alarm/S2000ALARM.htm

And again, the sequence of grounding the green keyless entry wire is important. Do it while the doors are closed.... or like PJK3 suggested above, hold in the door trigger button while doing this. This step only applies to the programming sequence of the alarm.

Quick Reply: Need assistance w/ WLaurent alarm for s2k