S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Is my stereo getting installed or what???

Old 03-30-2004, 05:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*scribble scribble*

and yes, i would believe that a little negotiation got you quite a ways... it's surprising how much people will work with you if you just try...
Old 03-30-2004, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do the same thing when I am closing deals. I mean, making a deal and getting paid a little bit beats sitting on your butt. ( this works only for people who work with comission or own their provate shop, meaning they will not get paid unless they sell something). It definatly does not work at mcdonalds where poeple get paid hourly and couldent care less ,what you eat, how you eat or even if you eat. How do I know? I tired to work a deal wit them too. Didnt work though.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:18 AM

lol.

yup, sometimes whether you like it or not, you've just got to pay retail...

sheesh, i've even priced dealt w/ my grocery store butcher... but sometimes, it just can't be done...
Old 04-01-2004, 09:24 AM

Well I am not as brave as you are, since grocery butcher's have bid knives
Anyway, here is an update, my car was at this shop for about 13 hours yesterday and they couldent finish it. They said they have been working on 3 cars including mine thatats why it took so long and I have to bring the car back today. Which I did. The car is in the shop now and I will pick it up in about 4-5 hours.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:31 AM

Oh and also they decided not to go with complete mdf box. The guy fibergalssed my trunk on the inside and make a custom top and fit the sub in that. Then 2 amps are placed on the sides with an angle. On top of everything there is a 3 piece beauty board sitting on top flusing the amps and the sub and hiding all the cables. It looks pretty nice. I have some pics with before everything, after fiberglassing, before the beauty board and after the beauty board. The camera is at home so I ll put them online tonight.
Last night when I took the car home thouhg there were some problems that needed to be fixed. First of all the sub ( probably the amp) turns on and off randomly. Sometimes its off and then all the suden it comes on and turns off and this and that. I cant find a pattern on when it turns off and on its random. Second, All I hear from my front infinity's is highs. There is no mids or lows. It sounds like only the tweeters are on. I cheked the woofer and its working its just not getting ht elow signal I belive. All the deck crossover is set to flat but I think thats an issue with the adjust ment on the amp itself. Third one is my trunk rattles a lot. I mean not the whole trunk but mostly the part which holds the trunk relase mechanism and taillights.
So they said they will see what they can do about these . I think I went a little too mcuh with the sub and amp combo, I could easly have half the power and still listen comfortably, oh well, it looks really cool at least.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:46 AM

dude... assuming they aren't fubar-ing your car big time -- you're getting the deal of the century...

i really want to see these pics... and i'm more convinced than ever that you're getting this deal so that they get more work from you showing it off to your clients.

Second, All I hear from my front infinity's is highs. There is no mids or lows. It sounds like only the tweeters are on. I cheked the woofer and its working its just not getting ht elow signal I belive.
sounds like your Kappas are working just fine...
Old 04-01-2004, 10:16 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PJK3

sounds like your Kappas are working just fine...
Old 04-01-2004, 11:00 AM

i knew that would get Dave...

my guess is that the crossover on the amp is set wrong or they have the speakers/crossovers hooked up wrong.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:56 AM

Well I hooked up the speaker crossovers and stuff but they were fine befroe the install.]

Now I am getting a price for sound deadening in the trunk to prevent rattles. Should I do it, and how much should i pay?
Old 04-01-2004, 12:15 PM

ah yeah... that's right. so, the speaker connections should be good.

yup, chances are they haven't set the crossovers right.

regarding sound deadening? i'm not sure... are you looking to stop rattles?

Quick Reply: Is my stereo getting installed or what???