S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Motorola Droid mount?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are your wires routed to? it looks really clean... i cant really tell from the small picture.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:38 PM

The Modify bracket does have some flex to it, especially with heavier devices like the Druid but it is very secure and can be removed if you want to return to stock. It does require some cutting of the dash but it's a part that is hidden from view.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tengoku,May 26 2010, 07:57 AM
Where are your wires routed to? it looks really clean... i cant really tell from the small picture.
There's just the power wire and it runs along the bottom edge of the Modifry bracket. I was considering drilling a hole in the dash but just tucked it in. Probably not good for the wire but I really didn't want to cut the dash any more.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 AM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Any one got any more pics of their setup?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Here is the Modifry bracket plus Droid X belt holder. I like this the best because I can use the usb from the headunit to get music and power my droid. There are also many bent neck slip mini usb cables to make it more stealth.

My link
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an Alpine x305s with Motorola Atrix. I can play Pandora, YouTube, Google Maps, Internet, Listen to phone calls by the car radio speakers and so on...
First I bought the Motorola car dock and use
Alpine Ai-Net to Aux Input Cable KCA-121B to connect the cell phone to car radio. (eBay sales the cable for 6.99)

After the Hondata this is the best upgrade to the car's electronics.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 AM

Just remember whenever you plug in minijack, you are using the phone's DAC. The Iphone DAC is ok but most Androids are merely ok. For that reason I generally use BlueTooth or USB mass storage mode to use my headunit's DAC.

Even if you do have a good DAC in your phone your headunit will do a analog to digital conversion and then again digital to analog. If your headunit has mediocre ADC and DAC you are looking at three crappy conversions before you amplify your sound. That is some serious degradation.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:03 PM

I think the sound is very good. This is an audio test from GSMArena.
http://www.gsmarena....ew-589p7.php#aq

Excellent audio quality
The Motorola Atrix 4G audio output is pretty good, as is to be expected from a device in this price range. However Motorola seems to have allowed for its volume levels to be pushed beyond what the smartphone can actually handle when there are no headphones attached.

If you punch in the volume level all the way up when you are connected to an active external amplifier you get really loud output but with loads and loads of distortion, which is not quite ideal.

That's why you would be better off lowering the volume a couple of steps down - you will be enjoying some of the cleanest output we have ever seen. The Atrix 4G won't be one of the loudest devices around, but it scored greatly in every part of our test.

When headphones come into play the volume is automatically limited so there's nothing to worry about. There's a notable increase in the stereo crosstalk and some intermodulation distortion creeps in, but those are hardly detectable in real life scenarios.

Motorola Atrix 4G frequency response

Old 11-14-2011, 12:19 PM

Nice! You did some homework, it's a great find. Sadly I couldnt' find my Droid X in there.

Anywho, there are still a few tests I'd like to see which are very relevant. One is THD vs. Frequency. The other is what happens to noise as the phone is used for GPS and other tasks. I've seen lots and lots of variation in results based on usage type. The Galaxy 2 is really bad at getting a good noise floor with other tasks running.

A high end processor car processor is much cleaner, but I agree that the tests aren't bad. What you really want to find out is how your tests come out if you test the entire signal chain. Phone + headunit. The guys who use usb mass storage bypass the phone entirely so that the phone artifacts don't add on to whatever the headunit will produce itself.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:55 PM

Thanks for your input.

I also installed 2 5/14 Alpine type R behind the seats, 6.5 components type R in the doors, 5ch Alpine AMP in the spare tire compartment and 12" type R.

With this set up I kept the ipod in the middle compartment. So when ever I feel like listening to a mix or real Reggeaton is just a click away.

Quick Reply: Motorola Droid mount?