S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Motorola Droid mount?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Motorola Droid mount?

Anyone have a Droid or iPhone? Want something that I can mount it with in my car, but also needs to be easily and completely removable.

Don't want to use a windshield mount either.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Droid and use the official mount. works pretty well...
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 PM

im interested also....pics?
Old 05-07-2010, 04:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Modifry bracket + ProClip mount is what I use and what I'd recommend. I'm actually switching out the ProClip mount for the one with the USB power jack and straight wire (to hardwire) since I'm generally using GPS if I put it in the ProClip mount.

For the iPhone, ProClip has device mounts with pass-through dock connectors which are very handy. All that said, ProClip's products aren't cheap and every time I suggest them someone gripes about their pricing.

The Modifry bracket does have some flex to it, especially with heavier devices like the Droid but it is very secure and can be removed if you want to return to stock. It does require some cutting of the dash but it's a part that is hidden from view.

I do not recommend ProClip's vehicle mount for the S2000 (relying on double-sided tape and friction). It attaches to the center console to the left of the shifter. It can be bumped by your right knee in some cases. The mounting position is a bit low IMO.

Panavise's bracket is very secure but mounts to the right of the radio. I also thought it was a bit low.

There are certainly plenty of other options out there. I'd suggest checking out DroidForums.net (the Accessories forum) if you're not already on the site. There are quite a few threads there on different car mounting options.

Originally Posted by amusepanda,May 6 2010, 10:14 PM
im interested also....pics?
It's on the Motorola site. Unless, that is, you're looking for pics of it in an S2000.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which modifry bracket are you using? The one at the AC controls or the one to the right of the stereo?

I have the console mounted proclip bracket. Its ok, but it does not leave a lot of room between the steering wheel and it, or it and the shifter. I bump it frequently.

I would be interested in a pic of your phone in its mount in your s2000.
How easy is it to select something on it? Is it in a good line of sight?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:43 AM

The right of the stereo bracket is actually the Panavise bracket. I'll see what i can do about getting a photo but you probably won't get much from it versus any photo of the Modifry bracket. Line of sight is definitely better than with Panavise or Proclip.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:57 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's my setup:
Panavise mount, garmin ball, OEM droid cradle.
Hardwired a charger behind the dash, and ran a cable to the stereo for aux-in (nav voice, Pandora, MP3, and speaker phone.)

I originally did it just for the music sources and the Nav, but have since discovered that if you run the phone through the stereo, you get a good speakerphone, and you can talk normally and the mike picks up your voice while it is mounted.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:40 AM

ProClip Droid mount & Modifry bracket. This is the one with power but the one without is basically the same.

I'm getting rid of a couple of the non-powered and non-magnet-equipped ones but can't post in the classifieds section here.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:41 PM

how do you get power to the phone? which wires did you tie into?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:26 AM

Tied into wiring for the power port I installed in the front.

You can always use something like an Add-A-Fuse though.

Quick Reply: Motorola Droid mount?