S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Modifry harness.....

Old 02-25-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifry harness.....

I have a Kenwood HU with a Modifry harness. I connected all the wires in the harness except for two. Both are orange, one says dimmer. The HU has an orange wire labeled ILUM. Should I connect these two, which would leave one orange wire unconnected? Do I just tape up the ends of the unused wires in the harness and the DCI?

John
Old 02-25-2008, 01:20 PM

I just installed my pioneer unit last night. If your HU has an illumination or dimmer lead, you want to wire it to the solid orange on the modify harness. That orange lead is the dimmer control which causes the brightness of the HU to dim when you turn on the headlights.

The other lead orange/white on the modifry harness is, I think, for setting brightness of the stock radio to match the level of the dash. I don't think this is used on an aftermarket HUs. My Pioneer didn't have a lead for it.

On my pioneer unit I had to enable the dimmer feature in the settings.

Oh and the unused leads, just tape them individually and then fold them back and tape them down to keep em out of the way. I didn't bother with any of the speaker leads since I'm using an amp.
If I were going to solder up my harness again, I think I'd cut down the modifry harness by quite a bit. Not the leads for the DCI tho, just the leads that hook up to the HU harness. It's a really tight fit in that DIN and there's a whole lot of excess wire to shove, mash, wedge and crush back in there.
UD.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:03 PM

In a quicker sentance, yes you can leave it unhooked, it just won't dim your radio when you turn your lights on
Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Thanks fellas, I know what you mean about a tight fit with all those wires back there. I also ran a USB, AUX, and the DCI under the dash on the passenger side. I must say I had my reservations on whether this was going to work or not as I was connecting what seemed like thousands of wires. Once everything was hooked up, I tested it, and I'll be a monkeys uncle, it played just fine. One bad thing, it won't recognize my Samsung T10 MP3 player, but it does recognize my wifes Sansa unit. Wednesday my Focal speakers arrive, hopefully that intall goes well also. Thanks to all of SUPER information on this website, I could have never done this without yall.

John