S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Mayday...S.O.S... Stereo code help please!

Old 09-09-2005, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mayday...S.O.S... Stereo code help please!

Hi Guys and Gals,

Hopefully someone can help me here, or just steer me in the right direction?? I had some work done on the electrical of my car last week and had to disconnect the battery. I taught I could remember my code by memory but obviously the dubbies are getting to me. Whenever you put in a wrong stereo code Err comes up with a number beside it. I tried till after the number 9.... It read Err E.

I have since gone to the dealer and got the right code and it makes total sense because the numbers I had in memory where those but I couldn't figure out the right sequence. I have done the battery disconnect and touch both positive and negative together to reset the ECU and the stereo codes. But when I tried the stereo code, I still get an error. Is it possible that I've fu*$ed up the stereo by initially putting in too many codes???

Just wondering cause life sucks without tunes, and hoping someone out there knows the answer to if my deck is now scrap metal... Which I'd hate because I've upgraded to the 05 Stereo, and I may not be a true audiofile but this deck suited my needs just fine.

Any help appreciated!!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe if you enter too many codes the unit locks up until a "special code" is entered or a certain time period has elapsed.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:41 AM

Do you know anything more or how to get this special code??
Old 09-09-2005, 10:12 AM

Unless something is new, all you have to do is unplug the radio wait a few secs and plug it back in to try again. I don't know if disconnecting the negative has the same effect, but then again I never tried this on the s2000. Just other honda vehicles.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:25 AM

If you have the code from the dealer it should be just fine... did you give them the seriel number from the HU to get the right code? If you just gave them your VIN then you have the wrong code and the code you have goes to the old HU you pulled out.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:31 AM

The code I have is the correct one for the stereo. I did get it off the HU serial number from the Honda dealer... I'm just not sure if there is a possibility of locking up stereo indefinitely, cause the right code now gives me errors??
Old 09-09-2005, 12:24 PM

Um.... that's a weird one...

We've got a lota weird crap going on here lately
Old 09-09-2005, 05:33 PM

My MY03 manual says:
"You have 10 tries to enter the correct code. If you are unsuccessful in ten attempts, you must then leave the system on for one hour before trying again."

Is it possible that you have not left it powered on for an hour after trying to guess the numbers?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 AM

ttt
Old 09-12-2005, 08:04 AM

I think you can just remove the power source for a few minutes to reset the unit, then the attempts start over, I think....This is what happened in my car when I first got it. My battery died. I replaced it, but didnt have the radio code. I called the Honda dealership from where i bought it from, and they gave me 3 wrong codes. Radio locked up. I un-hooked the battery again, left for 15 minutes, plugged it back in, then it was asking for codes again.

John

Quick Reply: Mayday...S.O.S... Stereo code help please!