S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Keeping my box in place

Old 03-14-2006, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping my box in place

Alright so I have my box all done and it works well. The problem I have is that the cord that runs along the trunk arm is rubbing against the wood on my box and wearing down the protective stuff VERY quickly.

When the box is back were it's supposed to be it doesn
Old 03-14-2006, 01:22 PM

Ok, um hmmmm "L" bracket?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:51 PM

Is there anything under the left side that I would drill into with a screw?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use shallow screws, you can just screw it into the plastic trunk liner, and avoid the metal underneath. But no, there are no wires/hoses underneath that you can damage.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:07 PM

I would just cut out that strip of wood that's hitting it. No point in it being there anyway... and like mentioned above an L-bracket. Even though I hate those things in your case with that design it might be your best bet.

There are better way's to do this though. Strap with a button on it, anchor it in place then install the sub (personal choice for your design) it will stay in place and no one will see the screw. You should not just drill through the metal though. You should glue a few strips of wood to the metal under the trunk liner and then screw into those. No need to add hole to the car. I doubt this will be your last box so you shouldn't be putting hole in a place you might not need in the future.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Mar 14 2006, 04:07 PM
I would just cut out that strip of wood that's hitting it. No point in it being there anyway... and like mentioned above an L-bracket. Even though I hate those things in your case with that design it might be your best bet.

There are better way's to do this though. Strap with a button on it, anchor it in place then install the sub (personal choice for your design) it will stay in place and no one will see the screw. You should not just drill through the metal though. You should glue a few strips of wood to the metal under the trunk liner and then screw into those. No need to add hole to the car. I doubt this will be your last box so you shouldn't be putting hole in a place you might not need in the future.
If i were to do the button idea were would the strap lead. is there some place that is stationary enough that it wont move? where are the wlaurnt's anchored.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:10 PM

I'm not exactly sure but you could have the button on the box and the anchor the strap under the clip that holds the trunk liner in place behind your box. You can PM Will and see where exactly he mounts it.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:38 PM

I have a corner mounted sub and I used a nylon bolt/washer set up, just removed the plastic plug there is a metal plate with a 1/4" hole. I will try to get pics to show...my sub is mounted on the right side
Old 03-15-2006, 12:34 PM

that would be awesome if you have some pics your could share!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:20 PM

I took out one of the pins in the back of the carpet and put a machine bolt threw. Then i fixed the end of the strap to the bold with 2 washers and 2 nuts. ran the strap to proper length and put the "studs" and "sockets" in. Viola! works awesome. did some zig zags with it in to make sure it wouldn't move and it doesn't budge.

gotta fix the dammage but it should be easy.

Edit: wrong tag "[img]"

Quick Reply: Keeping my box in place