S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

ipod fm transmitter in the S

Old 03-29-2006, 09:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by infinity_racer,Mar 29 2006, 06:52 PM
im using the monster cable fm trans. and it works surprisingly well...maybe i juss have good luck with getting reception around here...
could be, but in LA, all the radio stations are filled, english, spanish, chinese, vietnamese, and more chinese
Old 03-30-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can do anything to avoid using an FM modulator, you'll be happy you did...

like so many things however, this is actually covered in the FAQ under general topics. still this thread is pretty full of good info. i may even add it to the FAQ as a good guide...

Can I use an I-Pod/MP3 player/Satellite Radio with XXXX HU in the S2000?

There are several ways to connect an auxilliary input to the radio in your car. Generally, the worst quality connection that can be made is by using an FM Modulator. This connection will pipe the sound through your FM radio and is subject to degraded quality and interferance.

Optimally, i.e. bang for buck, you should hardwire the ipod into your Head unit, the most basic method would be taking a 3.5 mm headphone or line out jack to RCA, then plugging the RCAs into an Aux in on the back of your head unit. You control the playlist via the ipod itself. Direct connections are always superior to an FM Modulator.
For the OEM radio, the PIE HON Aux adapter will work for pre-04 Head Units. On 2004 and later OEM HU, you must use the SNHOND3 (http://www.logjamelectronics.com/sounsnhond3.html)

For non-OEM radios there are various I-Pod , XM , and other aux input interfaces available. These will be different both in design and availability from manufacturer to manufacturer and model to model.

A new option available for the I-POD and the OEM HU is the Monster iCruze.
There's a couple threads with a ton of info by rworne. you can find them here and here.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GPW03,Mar 28 2006, 06:01 PM
Here is the one that I will probably go with.

NEO ION

And a video of a complete install on our very own S2000!

NEO ION S2K INSTALL VIDEO

BUY IT!
How much is this unit? I like how they don't post any prices whatsoever...
Old 04-01-2006, 01:25 PM

The NEO looks great but its 200 bucks....

Any other ones out there that do the same thing but cost less?
Old 04-02-2006, 03:46 AM

i wish our OEM head unit had a tape player cause so far tape player best bang for your buck. sounds great, but not cd quality. still better then fm transmiter. i have a lcd itrip damn i regert spending 25 dolalrs on that
Old 04-02-2006, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by zeabre,Mar 28 2006, 11:23 PM
Just remembered I forgot the Nano in the car, so took some photos while there. Please excuse the quality of the photos. P910. Shocking.

lucky europe and there ap2 9k
Old 04-02-2006, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by skynetop,Apr 1 2006, 02:25 PM
The NEO looks great but its 200 bucks....

Any other ones out there that do the same thing but cost less?
Yep - there is the USA Spec that works the same as the Neo and Denison but it is only $100. See my post above.

It also has an extra RCA inputs that you can plug in your XM or other MP3 player too. You plug in the IPOD and it goes to track 6 and you can control songs from factory stereo, toggles near steering wheel, or even from ipod. You just have to switch a little jumper switch if you want direct control or it to work like a cd changer.

http://www.usaspec.com/ipodhon.htm

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...581PA11HN2.PDF

http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rMANc000/cgi-...tailed_info#Tab

I just spent a few hours yesterday putting it in. It could have been faster but I wanted to take my time and figure out the ideal location to put it. I ended up mounting it up behind the dash removable pannel on passenger side where glove box would be. I hope to post some photos of the install later if I can find some time.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by HokiPoki' date='Apr 2 2006, 12:41 PM
Yep - there is the USA Spec that works the same as the Neo and Denison but it is only $100. See my post above.

It also has an extra RCA inputs that you can plug in your XM or other MP3 player too. You plug in the IPOD and it goes to track 6 and you can control songs from factory stereo, toggles near steering wheel, or even from ipod. You just have to switch a little jumper switch if you want direct control or it to work like a cd changer.

http://www.usaspec.com/ipodhon.htm

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...581PA11HN2.PDF

http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rMANc000/cgi-...tailed_info#Tab

I just spent a few hours yesterday putting it in. It could have been faster but I wanted to take my time and figure out the ideal location to put it. I ended up mounting it up behind the dash removable pannel on passenger side where glove box would be. I hope to post some photos of the install later if I can find some time.
thread revival

i wish i saw this before i had the music link installed. doesn't look like a difficult installation too. why is the ipod menu disabled on music link? makes no sense.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Denson ICE>linklus a year ago... love it
full dash control and sound great, better than CDs
Old 09-08-2007, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by gotrpms,Mar 28 2006, 05:23 PM
I have a cable that converts the cd changer input to rca cables and have my ipod hardwired through that. it sounds great.
Where can one get such an adaptor? I've got Harman-Kardon's Drive+Play & I want to connect it to the CD port on the stock head unit. Does anyone know how to make the adaptor -- all ya gotta do is find out the right pins to wire to the RCA connector. THANX!

Quick Reply: ipod fm transmitter in the S