S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

ipod fm transmitter in the S

Old 03-28-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by campbuds,Mar 28 2006, 05:47 PM
I wanted to stay away from the wiring into the CD changer because of cost, but with your description and froma little reading it sounds as if I won't really be satisfied unless I wire it in directly.

Any ideas on which is the most affordable (with and without ipod control)
you only need to take off the radio face/door, and there's the port in the back, plug and play.

i guess the hardest part is deciding where to put your ipod and route the wire

your stock radio have a cd changer port built in from honda, you don't need to buy a changer just the cable
Old 03-28-2006, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Griffin iTrib Auto in the S2k and had a wired FM Mod on my previous vehicle. The Wired is a lot better. I have problems with static in the s2k as the iPod and wired seem to need to be in just the right place to get good sound. The best sound that I've gotten out of it is still just marginal compared to the wired. I eventually want to go with the CD Changer RCA cable thing. Any details on that?? I've heard the Honda iPod Link thing is expensive and sucks.

Please provide more details on the CD Changer RCA cable thing.

thanks,

eric
Old 03-28-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a Cables to Go fm adapter that I got from buy.com.

It works surprisingly well with my ipod shuffle. It's basic - no ipod charging or anything special. it just transmits music via fm and that's it. the static is minimal for me in boston. sound quality is totally fine for me, given how the stock radio already sucks.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What about this? Is there something like this I can get for the S?

I like the look of the blitz controller also, anything more affordable that does the same thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Old 03-28-2006, 06:01 PM

Dension Ice Link - has proven reliable for me and sound matches what the OEM unit can put out...relatively easy install & better than the HON-PC from logJam which converts to RCA output - that solution diminishes sound quality. FM Transmitter(s) sux.

IMHO

Old 03-28-2006, 06:15 PM
WPS

Originally Posted by gotrpms,Mar 28 2006, 08:23 PM
I have a cable that converts the cd changer input to rca cables and have my ipod hardwired through that. it sounds great.
how much and where to get?

itrip doesnt work, had it. if you go fm you should try belkin tunecast 2 and do the modification for better reception
Old 03-28-2006, 07:51 PM

Cool

I just ordered the 581PA11HN2 (PA11 HON2) USA Spec IPOD Interface Honda 05-Up for $99 ($119 - $20 coupon code) from crutchfield.com. They say it should work with my 2004 S2000. I have had good luck with crutchfield so i figure I would try them again. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yf9u3O9JjNk/c...sp?I=581PA11HN2

I was interested in some of the others like Denison ice>Link Plus or the 21145 - Neo iOn but those are an extra $50 or $100 more and they claim to do the same thing.

I will post back when I get a chance to try it out. Now I need to figure out how to mount it or maybe just leave it loose or put it in the storage compartment between seats.

FYI - 3A172 code online ($20 off $100 or more) from fatwallet.com. Dangerous site because you will want to buy things you don't even need.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:07 PM

Bought the Griffin Itrip for Ipod Nano two weeks back. Due to the tiny size, and both being black, it is stuck behind the sterring wheel, where the VSA button on the new '06 cars are. (To the left of the wheel on right-hand drive cars).

Initially, when keeping the Itrip loose on the seat, I found lots of static, no real sound quality. As soon as I mounted the Itrip at its present location, upright, facing me so the Nano's screen can be clearly seen, the reception improved dramatically. Hardly any noise or static can be heard through my stock stereo. I must admit, after being rather pessimistic regarding the product, I am extremely happy with the outcome.

Due to weight considerations I have not yet put back my Alpine, MBQuart,JLAudio system, but still happy with the sound as is. An audiophile system in this car sort of defeats the purpose. Ah well.

Bottomline, I'm VERY happy with my Griffin Itrip for Ipod Nano.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 PM

Just remembered I forgot the Nano in the car, so took some photos while there. Please excuse the quality of the photos. P910. Shocking.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 PM

im using the monster cable fm trans. and it works surprisingly well...maybe i juss have good luck with getting reception around here...

Quick Reply: ipod fm transmitter in the S