S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

ipod fm transmitter in the S

Old 03-28-2006, 04:11 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ipod fm transmitter in the S

I was wondering if anyone was using the FM transmitter in their S2000? How good is your reception, and is there static? Also how good does it sound?

If your not using an FM transmitter what else are you using?

I have a stock head unit and do not want to upgrade.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a cable that converts the cd changer input to rca cables and have my ipod hardwired through that. it sounds great.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious as well
Old 03-28-2006, 04:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have tried it all

fm transmitter: worst of the worst, radio station will jump, static, metal whine sounds, when you disconnect the thing, it will make your speaker go crazy for a second. Itrip is a FT, they sucks, samething could said to all other FT such as the 70 dollar Monster cable one. not to mention itrip will burn a rainbow shape shade in your lcd screen. avoid at all cost

fm modulation: better, much more stable, it's used on older cd changer setup, it's 80% quality, you will heard the noise if the volume is on high.
cost around 40 buck, i am using one in my accord.

tape adatper: sounds similar to fm modulator, not the best sound but tape adapter are clearer in high volume, but it's hard to get a car with a tap deck now a day, i have a Special edition accord with come with a tape deck, now it's in my 89 legend.

cd changer port connection: expensive for a piece of wire, it runs fm 65-120. the are clear and nice, i don't have one in s2k tho'.
the higher end model have ipod control and the lower end model just the sounds and power charging
Old 03-28-2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by gotrpms,Mar 28 2006, 05:23 PM
I have a cable that converts the cd changer input to rca cables and have my ipod hardwired through that. it sounds great.
i am getting one for my s2k when i have a chance to install the speaker and the whole nine yard
Old 03-28-2006, 04:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wanted to stay away from the wiring into the CD changer because of cost, but with your description and froma little reading it sounds as if I won't really be satisfied unless I wire it in directly.

Any ideas on which is the most affordable (with and without ipod control)
Old 03-28-2006, 04:51 PM

I have a Griffin iTrip Auto (relatively new -- a single cable that both charges the iPod and plays the iPod via FM by plugging into the data port) that I've been using in my Accord for about a month now. No problems -- minimal noise, good volume and clarity -- though that could also be because I'm lucky enough to be in an area that has some free radio channels.

Haven't tried it in the S2K yet, though. Partly that's because the power jack is in an awkward position, and partly because I mostly use the iPod for audiobooks when commuting -- which isn't the sort of driving I use the S2000 for. Eventually I may get around to hardwiring an iPod connection in the car to get around the awkward power jack location, but it's not a real priority.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:01 PM

Here is the one that I will probably go with.

NEO ION

And a video of a complete install on our very own S2000!

NEO ION S2K INSTALL VIDEO

BUY IT!
Old 03-28-2006, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkstrike,Mar 28 2006, 05:51 PM
I have a Griffin iTrip Auto (relatively new -- a single cable that both charges the iPod and plays the iPod via FM by plugging into the data port) that I've been using in my Accord for about a month now. No problems -- minimal noise, good volume and clarity -- though that could also be because I'm lucky enough to be in an area that has some free radio channels.

Haven't tried it in the S2K yet, though. Partly that's because the power jack is in an awkward position, and partly because I mostly use the iPod for audiobooks when commuting -- which isn't the sort of driving I use the S2000 for. Eventually I may get around to hardwiring an iPod connection in the car to get around the awkward power jack location, but it's not a real priority.
sorry, i don't know how to say this but, griffin fm trans, suck just as much as my itrip, my friend had it for a week and return it without a doubt.
i don't know about you but i would hate to drive a 30k car and your music sounds like some highschool science lab AM radio project

again, not to have beef or any sort but stay away from transmitter.

they suck
Old 03-28-2006, 05:06 PM

this is what i have

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/stor...N_MLINK1_1.html

plugs right into the back of the oem cd player where the cd changer port would normally go. connects directly to the ipod where you can stil use all of its controls directly on the ipod and charges it while connected as well.

Quick Reply: ipod fm transmitter in the S