S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2 installed

Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for reviews
Old 08-11-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by dannynguyen
I bought a set of hat.... Currently happy with my stock....

Pm me if you are interested in the hat. Price is what I paid. 220 plus shipping.
Should give the HAT a try they are pretty good...
Old 08-17-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dannynguyen

Pm me if you are interested in the hat. Price is what I paid. 220 plus shipping.

If you are happy with your stock speakers, you aren't powering these components as there is absolutely ZERO comparison.

My Setup:

Hybrid Audio Imagine Is1-2
Alpine CDA-117
Kenwood XR-4S amplifier

I received my speakers Monday and installed the speakers as components last night. I created a speaker mount (If you create your own, it needs to be 5/8" for window clearance) and rewired my system a bit since I had Polk DB-6501s installed which include an outboard crossover. Since I finished up late last night, I did not attempt to tune the speakers to my liking until today.

After adjusting the time alignment, I was listening to a song and was preparing to adjust my EQ. I wanted to adjust my EQ and listen to the speakers with the subwoofer off. I reached the subwoofer menu on my receiver to turn it off only to notice that it was already off... I was like what the heck? I then leaned over to touch the floorboard to find my subwoofer motionless as it was in fact off. Once I realized that the bass was being supplied by the Imagines, my only thought was WOW! The bass from these speakers is not a nasty boomy bass, but a pleasant accurate bass with great depth, accuracy and power.

The Hybrid Audio Imagine speakers are the best component speakers I have ever heard! Their natural tweeter and midrange woofers will leave you absolutely speechless! These speakers will put any of the Polk offerings, Infinity, Jl Audio or Alpine SPX to shame. This all from the company's slightly above entry level product. I can only dare to Imagine the company's higher end lines such as the Legatia.

You will not be disappointed with these speakers and if you are, something is wrong.

Tip:

When removing your door panel, be sure to apply a vibration dampener and noise reducer behind the speaker onto the inner door as well as another layer to the door skin to seal up the hole. This should reduce vibration, noise and help optimize the bass output. this will add a very minimal amount of weight to your doors, approximately 2lbs.

If you provide these components the power they deserve, you will rewarded with acoustical bliss. Enjoy!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Originally Posted by dannynguyen' timestamp='1313122128' post='20870772

If you are happy with your stock speakers, you aren't powering these components as there is absolutely ZERO comparison.

My Setup:

Hybrid Audio Imagine Is1-2
Alpine CDA-117
Kenwood XR-4S amplifier

I received my speakers Monday and installed the speakers as components last night. I created a speaker mount (If you create your own, it needs to be 5/8" for window clearance) and rewired my system a bit since I had Polk DB-6501s installed which include an outboard crossover. Since I finished up late last night, I did not attempt to tune the speakers to my liking until today.

After adjusting the time alignment, I was listening to a song and was preparing to adjust my EQ. I wanted to adjust my EQ and listen to the speakers with the subwoofer off. I reached the subwoofer menu on my receiver to turn it off only to notice that it was already off... I was like what the heck? I then leaned over to touch the floorboard to find my subwoofer motionless as it was in fact off. Once I realized that the bass was being supplied by the Imagines, my only thought was WOW! The bass from these speakers is not a nasty boomy bass, but a pleasant accurate bass with great depth, accuracy and power.

The Hybrid Audio Imagine speakers are the best component speakers I have ever heard! Their natural tweeter and midrange woofers will leave you absolutely speechless! These speakers will put any of the Polk offerings, Infinity, Jl Audio or Alpine SPX to shame. This all from the company's slightly above entry level product. I can only dare to Imagine the company's higher end lines such as the Legatia.

You will not be disappointed with these speakers and if you are, something is wrong.

Tip:

When removing your door panel, be sure to apply a vibration dampener and noise reducer behind the speaker onto the inner door as well as another layer to the door skin to seal up the hole. This should reduce vibration, noise and help optimize the bass output. this will add a very minimal amount of weight to your doors, approximately 2lbs.

If you provide these components the power they deserve, you will rewarded with acoustical bliss. Enjoy!
Great Review
Im glad that you liked them since not many ppl have heard of this brand, and think Im stupid when I recommend HAT...

Yes, I picked the HAT Clarus because I want to run without a subwoofer, but at the same time I want some clean bass as well as a very light weight system.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by etang789
Great Review
Im glad that you liked them since not many ppl have heard of this brand, and think Im stupid when I recommend HAT...

Yes, I picked the HAT Clarus because I want to run without a subwoofer, but at the same time I want some clean bass as well as a very light weight system.
Between my shallow mount subwoofer and box, I only added about 10 lbs, though I understand what you mean as far as weight.

The owner of Hybrid Audio Scott Buwalda scored the highest SQi total in the history of IASCA. Scott knows car audio and believes in providing the best in audio sound.

True audiophiles know the quality and performance of Hybrid Audio. If it pleases the audiophiles and is good enough to win numerous competitions, it is more than good enough for me.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM

Old 08-18-2011, 09:51 PM

What amp are you using to power your
Clarus components and how much power are you feeding them?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 PM

What amp are you using to power your
Clarus components and how much power are you feeding them?

Here is my install thread
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/845...audio-install/
Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 PM

One thing to note about the Hybrid Audio Imagine speakers:

I highly recommend that you install these speakers as a coaxial. They sound better than when mounted as a component set. After listening to music for some time, I realized that the tweeters were just too loud when mounted in the factory tweeter pod atop the door panel. I thought about adding an Lpad but decided to try the speakers as a coaxial instead since they will be more off axis than when mounted in the factory tweeter pods. The difference the change made was huge. I was previously having issues listening to alternative and rock genres and would adjust the EQ substantially in a futile attempt to quiet the tweeter. Since mounting as a coaxial, these issues are gone and EQ adjustments can be made to my liking. You absolutely can not go wrong with these speakers.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:26 PM

One thing to note about the Hybrid Audio Imagine speakers:

I highly recommend that you install these speakers as a coaxial. They sound better than when mounted as a component set. After listening to music for some time, I realized that the tweeters were just too loud when mounted in the factory tweeter pod atop the door panel. I thought about adding an Lpad but decided to try the speakers as a coaxial instead since they will be more off axis than when mounted in the factory tweeter pods. The difference the change made was huge. I was previously having issues listening to alternative and rock genres and would adjust the EQ substantially in a futile attempt to quiet the tweeter. Since mounting as a coaxial, these issues are gone and EQ adjustments can be made to my liking. You absolutely can not go wrong with these speakers.
Yea totally agree with the coaxial mounting being the better location for our s2000.

Quick Reply: Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2 installed