S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

How do I turn off the factory alarm

Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I turn off the factory alarm

I had no idea my S came with a factory alarm (I think it is factory because the local alarm store told me it was). I have the led light on the steering console, and it was always on, no flashing. So I was detailing my car and came across a little button under the dash. I pushed it and it did nothing, then I held it in for 5 seconds and my alarm beeped. I thought cool, I have an alarm.

But now it is annoying. It has this stupid motion sensor that beeps everytime you get close to the car. And the alarm goes off when I open my garage door. I have to keep unlocking the doors when I wash it, or it will self arm and then go off.

I have tried many different combos of pushing or holding the button with the doors locked or open but I cant turn it off.

Help.
And is there a way to disable the motion sesnors, but keep the alarm armed in case of break in?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:10 AM

Oh and I need a new remote that is compatible with the alarm (or instructions on how to program the honda replacement remote that I bought before I new I had the alarm. the key hole is broken.

Where can I get one? Or how do I program the new one? I dont care if i have to totally disarm the alarm, never really wanted it in the first place.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:37 AM

I could be wrong about this, but I didn't think the factory alarm had a motion sensor on it... I don't think it's that sophisticated. And from what I've seen at the dealerships, the place they mount the LED for the factory alarm is directly behind the e-brake handle on the center console. Based on these things it sounds (to me) like you have a non-factory alarm. If you did have one I think the main box for it will be mounted under the driver's seat. Look under there to see.

If you determine that it's not a factory alarm then I'd find where the brain is mounted, and I'm sure it would have a label on it so you can determine the model. Then find the manual online from the mfr's site, which should tell you how to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor and let you program the alarm so that it isn't auto-arming whenever you close the door. That way the motion sensor won't trip unless someone is reaching into your car and the alarm will only arm when you hit the button. Most after-market alarms will allow you to change these types of parameters.

*edit* - I just checked this link factory alarm install instructions
You can see that it instructs you to mount the LED in the center console where I explained above. Also, it looks like the brain is mounted to the bottom of the seat... if you've got something there, then it's probably the alarm.