S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Help with my Spods please

Old 11-09-2005, 08:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with my Spods please

Hi guys, i'm done installing the spods, i just need to know how and where to connect the 4 wires to the back of the stock HU.

thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 08:36 PM

btw, i have an 05'
Old 11-10-2005, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought in the AP2 models there was a wiring harness under the seat area for easy connection of the OEM headrest speakers? I would check there first. I am positive that they do not connect directly to the HU. If there is no harness around the seat area, there should be some wires that run out of the OEM harness and just dead end (speaker wires, or course). These should be the rear channel.

Check in the Library for the S2000 Honda Repair Manual. (I know that one is for the AP1, but I dont think the wiring harness has changed). Located the PIN connectors in the harness, and follow the wires til they end. (Note: This should be last resort, as tracing wires can be a PITA......check around the seats and the removable side kick-panels for the HU first).

John
Old 11-10-2005, 07:03 AM

There is a harness behind that triangular panel on the left side of the radio. It isn't easy to get to, but that is the rear speaker harness. I downloaded an install for the oem headrest speakers to find it. If you buy the factory headrest speaker set you get a set of wires that connect from that harness to the spot under the seat that someone else mentioned. You have to tap off of the harness I mentioned earlier as no one currently makes a harness that you can buy.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:43 AM

THat is what i thought.....kick-panels.

John
Old 11-10-2005, 07:53 AM

Also, i need to know what color wire goes where, as far as +, -, left, right.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Try these directions.

http://handa-accessories.com/S2000/03s2kheadrest.pdf

I used these when I installed the factory set in gvesely's car. If it doesn't state wire colors, if my memory serves me correctly they were green/red for + and green/black for -. I can't remember a color difference between the right and left but that's easy enough to determine by trial and error. The +'s and -'s are important though because if you get them out of phase they will sound like poo.

Good luck!

Phil.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:06 AM

As I understand things, the S-Pods are essentially speaker brackets -- you supply the speakers and all the wiring. This sounds simple enough, but you'll find (via those linked instructions) that there's a female four-pin connector taped up under the dash that's the rear-speaker harness off the HU. And the leads to that connector are painfully short.

So far, I haven't been able to find the male side of that connector -- one comes with the Honda headrest speaker kit, but it seems impossible to get just the connector by itself. This means that you can cut it off and solder the wires onto your speaker wires, but the leads under there are so short you'll find that challenging.

What I did, and what a couple of other people did, was to turn the end of the rear speaker wires into spades that fit individually into the slots of the connector, either by soldering and flattening the wires' ends or by attaching small spades (Radio Shack has a selection).

According to the Honda Manual, the wires in the connector are:

gray/red: left -
blue/yellow:left +
brown/white: right -
red/yellow: right +

HPH
Old 11-11-2005, 04:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks DrCloud. I hate giving out bogus info. I just thought I remembered it better than that. Sorry GranPrix.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:18 AM

Ok guys, heres what I did. I found the 4-pin female connector under the dash. I went and cut off a 4-pin male connector from the tail light of my 93 Accord, now i have extra wire to play with and an OEM fit plug. All i need now are the colors corresponding to the - and +.

Thanks DrCloud

Quick Reply: Help with my Spods please