S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

grounded screw under dash?is their one?

Old 06-03-2006, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grounded screw under dash?is their one?

Im trying to hardire my passpot and cant find the grounded screw under the dash...is their one????

or do i need to go get a different lug connector thing and just crimp that onto the existing wire and then ground it to something in there bigger???
Old 06-03-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There is a very large grounding bolt with an "octopus" of ground wires going to it. Duck under the driver's footwell and look up at the fuse panel. Then look even further up onto the frame and you'll see that bolt. Just use a "T" tap into any one of those ground wires or you can crimp on a ring on the end of your ground wire and remove the bolt and add the new ring to the cluster. I've always elected to use a "T".
Old 06-03-2006, 01:53 PM

awesome found it...had to put a bigger bolt connector ground thing on the wire but got it...damn that hurt to get into that position though
Old 06-03-2006, 03:32 PM

And now your spine is in a permanent shape of a pretzel.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:47 AM

ha yep..didnt know that only contorsionist were suppose to buy this car
Old 06-04-2006, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its funny i was just at my car and was gonna hard wire my V1 Today.
Got all my tools and the hardware, then i opened the door and i had flashbacks of wiring my Boost controler and, turbo timer i closed the door put tools and hardware back in work truck and went back to bed.
You gotta be a freaking acrobat, i def wasnt feeling like playin twister today.

Marcus
Old 06-04-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i find that if you're gonna spend any time doing any wiring in this car -- just pull the seats out, lay some pillows on the floorboards, then put your feet up by the roll hoops and your head under the dash, and do what you've gotta do.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:33 PM

The screw ain't coming off. I tried the pliers, flat head, drilling a hole in the middle, etc... Thing ain't coming off. Thanks to everyone for suggestions, anybody know where i can buy the brackets? Someone suggested it earlier, i tried looking on the net, but can't seem to find it. I guess i'll call the dealer tomorrow to see if i can get one.

Also, does anyone know if my warranty is voided because i replace the car stereo myself? Cause my friend's gf was like, "Oh my gosh, your warranty is not going to valid anymore because you messed around with the car." Kinda made me wince, cause i'm not sure. I guess i'll read the warranty agreement on that one.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:07 AM

You warranty is fine dude. You should have put the screwdriver in the screw and tapped it with a small hammer or a pair of pliers. They should be that hard to get off.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by BeerFork,Jun 4 2006, 11:33 PM
The screw ain't coming off. I tried the pliers, flat head, drilling a hole in the middle, etc... Thing ain't coming off. Thanks to everyone for suggestions, anybody know where i can buy the brackets?
Is there a post missing? "Screw"???? Not sure what you're working one but the grounding thing we're talking about is a BOLT. It takes a socket to undo. Why are you using pliers, screwdriver or even drilling a hole in the head?

I must really be losing it. What "brackets"?

Quick Reply: grounded screw under dash?is their one?