S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Got some Modifry love =)

Old 11-30-2008, 07:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got some Modifry love =)

So I finally got around to getting the modifry bracket and getting it mounted with a nice solution for my iPhone. I also got modifry's dash control chip which works fantastically with my Pioneer Deh-p400 head unit.

Items needed:
Modifry Bracket
Griffin Elan iPhone Clip - http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elanclip
Velcro

Some Pics of the install =)

Old 11-30-2008, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not having any luck getting my Iphone to sync with my Pioneer.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great! thinking of doing the same thing soon myself. Where the cord from your iphone goes in to the dash, cutting needed though?
Old 11-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's my exact setup, I had made a thread months back but nobody replied

Since then I've gotten a Voodoo countersunk shift knob because I got tired of punching the damn iPhone Connector

Old 12-01-2008, 05:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kalibo,Nov 30 2008, 09:40 AM
I am not having any luck getting my Iphone to sync with my Pioneer.
I actually had some problems as well and had to reboot my iphone and it started working. You could try that, otherwise perhaps a faulty headunit? Also my iphone doesn't sync with the pioneer, it just lets the pioneer browse the music and control functionality with headunit/dash controls.

That's my exact setup, I had made a thread months back but nobody replied tongue.gif

Since then I've gotten a Voodoo countersunk shift knob because I got tired of punching the damn iPhone Connector
Not a bad idea to get a different shift knob. Gotta love how these DIYs cheap projects start to nickel and dime ya. Anyway, I think I've positioned my iphone high enough that I doen't punch the connector, and I think I have Modifry's v2 which raises the mounting points. If you look at my bracket, rather than coming out at a straight 90 degrees from the dash, you'll see it coming out at an angle upwards.

looks great! thinking of doing the same thing soon myself. Where the cord from your iphone goes in to the dash, cutting needed though?
Thanks. As far as cutting goes, there was no cutting on the exterior dash. In order to install the modifry bracket, you have to do a little cutting (as per modifry's instructions) to make room for the bracket to come out, but those cuts are non-visible. I just ran the iPhone connector through the top corner of the radio cover/air vents. I'm sure you're aware that the whole radio cover airvents just pulls out. The usb & iphone connector were too big to fit through the airvents though.

Also squeezing the wire through the radio cover unit makes it so that it doesn't quite fit perfectly back, but it's barely noticeable. You'll see when you attempt the setup. I think the whole setup took about 20-30 minutes once I had all the parts. All very simple.