S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Ghetto Pods

Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree. just get a set of speakers back there. it sounds sooooo much better
Old 01-17-2006, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Jan 17 2006, 04:38 PM
Ok I won't waste my time with you then.

As for vtec_at_9000, You haven't been hanging out here then looking and reading about different ways to have a great sound stage in an S. I have an awesome sound stage in my car as do MANY others here.

I would think both of you guys have been around long enough to read the FAQ section and find out enough here to build just about any kind of sound stage setup your looking for.

The EJ's that are here are more than happy to help people out and teach them different things. We have people in the retail end, electrical engineers, people that help here because like have enough experience from hands on to know what their talking about.

As for what you think of me... well I'll just say that I try and help out here as much as I can. Ask around about me for yourself, you'll find your wrong about me.

but whatever... you like your stereo and that's all that matters
Yes I have been surfing s2ki and the electronics section for a very long time. I am more of a lurker than a poster. I am sure there are ways to have a great sound stage and have the stereo be loud enough for cruising the freeways. I think those involve having an amp and high-end speakers. Correct me if I am wrong. I would love to get a set of focals or perfect 6.1 and throw a 150w rms at each of them but this isn't in my stereo budget.
As far as my solution I am not 100% happy with it. It looks really bad, and when I turn my head it is right there in my ear. The reason I did it, as I stated before is to try it out for a while to see if it would work for my personal taste. I have it faded almost full forward so it sounds like it is coming from the front. I think I might try mounting the speaker from the back of the roll hoop to see if the extra distance helps. I just didn't feel like investing the time/money into a permanent solution. I know the lucid solution won't work because I do need the seat all the way back.
If you think an amp would help my front speakers be loud enough I might go that route later on. Get a 4 channel amp and use 2 for a sub.
I think you got off on the wrong foot with my brother once you started calling his car rice. It isn't like he has huge alpine plaques set in blue fiberglass, with dvd, navi, rear view screen set in lovely suede.
I look forward to showing off my next step which I am sure will be a step in a classier direction. I like the carbon fiber zip tie idea.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:01 PM

That was me. Ryan stop logging into S2ki at my place.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by gotvtecboost?,Jan 17 2006, 09:58 PM
I think those involve having an amp
There you go. That's the key right there. For the S2000, to get nice clear sound, you need to amp the speakers.

The way it works when building a system on a budget with this particular car is this:

1st - HU
2nd - front speakers
3rd - amp(4 channel, 2 front, 2 rear future use)
4th - sub+amp for it
5th - rear speakers

Its just how it works in an S. Most cars aren't like that but with this car that just happens to be the way it is.

Maybe I did get off on the wrong foot but honestly I still feel the same way. To say he's going to leave his speakers bolted to the seats like that... I'm sorry but that's just wrong. That's my opinion.
I would say that whether or not I had the system I do. I designed and built that system myself. It changes every year. Its been taken apart already and most of what you've seen in pictures here is on the floor and will end up in the trash, moved aside for the next setup. I take great pride in the work I do and the way I help people here, whether your brother wants to admit it or not. I could help him but it doesn't seem like he wants the help or that he can take any kind of criticism good or bad. Which is fine, his choice, its a free country.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Jan 17 2006, 04:46 PM
Are you thinking about doing something like this? If so I highly suggest you look at a set of 3-ways for this type of configuration, as you'll have much better luck with it, a LOT less work and money.
I was thinking of going with 5.25 components in S pods, but after reading some more I started thinking against it. Then this idea popped in my head while reading this thread.

But your saying a set of 5.25 3 ways in S pods (amplified of course) is the best way to do it?

Also I'm 6' so I have the seat all the way back so I don't think the Lucid panels would be to good for me.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:04 PM

spods aren't that bad. i rather like them. use your HU to power the speakers you have in them and position your fader towards your good powered speakers in the front and you will retain a good soundstage. Your rears should be for fill only; your fronts should always over power them.

I've had many people listen to my system, including some of the more respected EJ's and they were all impressed without exception.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by j_t_heilbrun,Jan 17 2006, 11:47 PM
I was thinking of going with 5.25 components in S pods, but after reading some more I started thinking against it. Then this idea popped in my head while reading this thread.

But your saying a set of 5.25 3 ways in S pods (amplified of course) is the best way to do it?

Also I'm 6' so I have the seat all the way back so I don't think the Lucid panels would be to good for me.

Thanks for all your help.
No I mean, literally a 3 way setup. Like this:

You can put the mid and the tweeter in the rollhoop (Spod) and then place the woofer in the rear panel.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:25 PM

Hey Bill How's it going? I haven't talked to ya in a little while. Did you see the rocket lift off today?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:00 PM

Cheers john!

ya know what, i didn't even know about the launch. been so busy lately.

I've got some questions and some ideas, i'll pm ya later.
got a new navi solution i'm working on.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:10 PM

Cool buddy I look forward to it

Quick Reply: Ghetto Pods