S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Ghetto Pods

Old 01-17-2006, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as you think so...
Old 01-17-2006, 08:16 AM

Old 01-17-2006, 10:06 AM

dont be jealous! you cant hang with the ghettoness
Old 01-17-2006, 10:24 AM

Yeah that's it... Have fun ruining your car...
Old 01-17-2006, 10:30 AM

????? maybe your confused. im not ruining my car but my brother is ruining is roll hoops. My speakers fit great and is no where near damaging anything at all. i dont see why there is hostility
Old 01-17-2006, 10:46 AM

I'm not confused dude trust me.

Do you honestly think what you have there is a good thing? I mean come on... just by yourself some headphones, the sound stage would be better.

Maybe you don't understand how a soundstage is setup and you don't understand that what you have there is almost the worst thing you can do to a sound stage... Improving your stock setup is one thing but what you have going on there is just wrong...
Old 01-17-2006, 10:49 AM

so spods are a bad sound stage? i want to hear what you have to say.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:22 AM

Well you don't have Spods... you have a speaker 2 inches from the back of your head... at least with an Spod setup theres a good foot. I honestly don't like the way Spods sound, some people do, but for a proper sound stage you can't have speakers that close to your head. However as it turns out this is a convertible... which is one of the worst places to try and create a sound stage.
The sound might seem louder... but that's just because its 2 inches from your head... it should be louder, amped or not.

But again if your going to put speakers that close to your head just get headphones... the music will sound better.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:39 AM

because i am 6'4 there is no room between the seat and the roll hoop. The speaker is MAYBE a 1/2 inch closer to me then what the spods offer. there is not a full foot differance, im sorry. So in my case the spods would be really close to my head and then you would be right, an improper sound stage. but i am pleased with the way the entire system sounds even though they are mounted on my seat.

you keep on talking about the headphones. illegal, and i think my stereo sounds great and many other people agree. thanks for you input, im glad people like to just bash on other people
Old 01-17-2006, 11:39 AM

When I wear headphones I can't hear anything but the music and it sounds awesome. Since I can't hear anything around me it is dangerous and illegal. So that really isn't an option.
I would love to have my car sound as good as my home stereo but 80 mph with the top down this seems to be impossible. Even my new deck, witch puts out more power than the oem hu, and infinity components it is hard to hear with the top down on the freeway.
So I am left with one decision excellent sound stage but can't hear it or poor sound stage and totally rockin' out. Easy decision in my book. The temporary ziptied speakers was for me to see if I would like the ruined sound stage loud speaker option. Also having the speaker mounted to the seat and were the spods put the speaker isn't more than 1.5" different when you are over 6' and have the seat all the way back. I mean remove the two hooks behind the seat so you can get that last click all the way back.

Quick Reply: Ghetto Pods