S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Garage door opener using cruise resume button?

Old 12-12-2005, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage door opener using cruise resume button?

Using the resume button on the steering wheel to activate a garage door control. I'm guessing I could follow the bulk of the high beam writeup. But which wires from the steering column are form the resume button?

Anyone done heard/have info on this mod. It was mentioned on the Prelude forum and I was looking for a writeup.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:52 AM

http://www.modifry.com/freebies/old/garage/garage.htm

http://www.modifry.com/freebies/old/garage/garage_2.htm
Old 12-12-2005, 07:42 AM

Thanks! I actually looked at the first page last week and didn't even notice the 2nd page link!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:58 AM

Wow, didnt know this could be done. Pretty cool.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:16 PM

I need some help here...I stay in an apartment complex that has a gated parking deck. My remote has two buttons (one for the entrance gate and one for the exit gate) is there a way to make both buttons work and if not how do you actually get just one button on the remote to work. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:44 PM

I actually did some more research on the site and figured it out. Sorry for the noob question before doing my research.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:30 AM

This is really not a high tech solution and not my idea (someone else on the board figured it out). There is a small void under the instrument panel just above the drivers left knee. If you put a square of self-adhesive velcro there and some on your present remote it makes for a very convenient and unseen installation. The spot is perfect really, because the fingers of your left hand naturally fall on the buttons.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:36 AM

Modrify I need some help here... I just tried installing my remote to the pass. high beam light. I am pretty sure that I fried the remote. It is (was) a 9V remote and I didn't install the 5.1 volt zener diode hoping I might get better range or atleast be able to skip a step. I will be more than happy to take a picture of the board, but I think that the LED is burned out there is a definite split in the metal inside the red plastic. I don't know if it supposed to be like this or not (I have been researching on the internet to no avail). Let me know if it is supposed to look like that so I know if I should ask my apartment complex to replace it for me. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:40 AM

OK guys... I am so SORRY for being such a noob. I finally figured it out, I was splicing into the wrong wires. I think I will wait at least an hour if I have a problem before posting any more dumb questions on this forum. Sorry again.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:57 PM

Billo, do you have a picture of exactly where you put the remote?

Quick Reply: Garage door opener using cruise resume button?