S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Front/Rear speaker rewiring

Old 09-23-2012, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by voltij
The sound sorrounds and envelops you, creating a great listening experience
This is the problem. You think that having sound "surrounding" you is better, while I think that it's more proper for front speakers to create a soundstage in front of the listener.

Also I think you missed the part where he doesn't even have rear speakers. He just wants to know if he can use the front channel for the tweeters and the rear channel for the mids. He'd need to make sure the speakers he installs comes with a passive crossover, or the head unit has configurable crossovers.
"While you think" doesn't mean it's a fact... It's just an opinion... an opinion that most car audio users disagree with. So good luck with that.

Go ahead, now try to explain to me how "your theory" of a listening experience is better than mine. I've been doing this a long time, and 99% of my clients prefer the sound to be around then not just blasting them in the face.

Maybe your the one that has the problem.

I didn't miss that part. I assumed his S didn't have rear speakers as its a 2003... and that model year doesn't come with rear speakers. So I assumed he was either going to rewire a stock HU to run 4 channels or he had an aftermarket HU.

He's going to need to wire this and cross it properly to have it sound correct.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:17 PM

And its funny... you being the "Guru" didn't mention it either... Seriously dude just stop, for everyones sake. Feel free to come back when you grow up and get a clue. I like helping people on this board and as you can see I've been doing it for over 10 years... and I've been playing with audio setups both home and car for 2+ decades.

You can have an opinion all you want... and so can I, but don't think for one second you can come here and project it as fact. There are to many people that have been here for far to long to put up with that. If you want to give advice and help by all means do it... just make sure you speak with facts and not your "guru" opinions, because those don't count. Facts can help people, opinions and theory's can ruin someones car or waste someones hard earned money and time.

I'm all about learning more, because I don't pretend to know everything... however I can spot BS from a mile away.

I look at the questions posted here (this forum) and read into them. If "amped_imports" knew what he was doing he wouldn't have asked the question. People post questions here generally because they are DIY'ers that need guidance, advice and/or help because they don't have the knowledge required to complete the tasks or get the results they the seek yet. And I would know... I modded this forum for many years. 85% of the questions asked here now have been asked 100x before. People just can't find them via the search... because its just not that great.

So if you really are some kind of actual 'guru' and you have the knowledge to help, then great, but I think you need to work on your people skills.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:25 AM

I realize you haven't been here for longer than 4 posts, but these types of questions get asked all the time. And people don't search and just post up the same questions that have been answered before. Again... you have no clue about that kind of stuff. Not every person is looking for or needs a dissertation on proper car audio sound stage setup. Most people want a simple answer. If they want more info they ask and the conversation expands at that point. Unless some jackass like you comes along and blows it up into something its not

Wow how did I know you would quote that. Have I heard of it...? lol ya buddy I've heard of it. But lets face it... 99% of people are not properly setting up their car to compete as you stated and as such, need to have the sound work within the car they are just trying to listen to music in. An since we know a convertible is about the worst possible car to set up car audio in.... oh never mind you already know everything because you read a website. Good luck with that buddy

I realize you clearly have some quoted and recitable knowledge on how a comp car should be setup... but he's not doing that. An since you seem to know this... popping speakers in a door is also not in the cookbook for proper sound stage your argument is kind of pointless. But I digress... My point was simply, that setting his car up with the front and rear stage in the doors is not as simple of a task as just plugging them in and turning up the sound... since a novice isn't going to be able to just throw it all together.

Oh and take your warning and shove it