S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

First 7" Alpine Double DIn Installed...LQQK!

Old 03-16-2010, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any idea how much the install would cost for double din 6" screen?

Just roughly speaking of course...I'm interested but I wouldnt trust myself to do anything of this caliber to look good.

Do you think most shops are able to do such work?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:19 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by philbert,Mar 13 2010, 07:13 PM
^^
OT, but what seat(s) are those in the Rio? very nice. the double-din installs are excellent as well.
^ Seats are the Bride Stradia Sport on the driver side and Bride EURO II on the passsenger side....I loved those seats and use those same ones in my NSX

I'm working on a different mold based on some suggestions you guys gave me and will be planning to build another bezel for a larger screen in my GPW.

Cost varies based on the labor rate in your area - takes about 25+ hours give or take depending on if you know what you are doing. First time took me well over 50 hours to experiment and test fit everything. At $80/hour you can do the math

thanks!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:58 PM

The key here is to become s4play's apprentice.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 AM

I'm doing the same install but with an Eclipse AVN 7" deck this time around. Personally I still love Eclipse quality more than any other deck right now.

rick
Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 PM

s4play impress me with an ipad touch installed on the S. I could imagine some king of arms that stick out from the dash and the ipad is attached to it. Kind of like those desk arms attached to monitors and you could move it, pivot it, slant it. Best of all Ipad is basically a computer better than a double din!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:33 PM

people actually already installed some of the ipads on their cars. Youtube it!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 AM

Well actually I was not thinking of some el-cheapo arm assembly....have you guys seen the Ferrari 16M Scuderia setup?

It essentially has a recessed docking station for an iPod touch in the dash which is it's only source for music

I want to build a custom flush docking station into the dash horizontally. The actual design should be quite simple since you don't need a lot of depth or any special electrical connetions except the input plug. However this won't be feasible til Apple releases a model with USB input. Just having WIFI is not enough.

(of course I'm just thinking out loud here.....haha)
Old 04-21-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by s4play,Apr 21 2010, 08:36 AM
Well actually I was not thinking of some el-cheapo arm assembly....have you guys seen the Ferrari 16M Scuderia setup?

It essentially has a recessed docking station for an iPod touch in the dash which is it's only source for music

I want to build a custom flush docking station into the dash horizontally. The actual design should be quite simple since you don't need a lot of depth or any special electrical connetions except the input plug. However this won't be feasible til Apple releases a model with USB input. Just having WIFI is not enough.

(of course I'm just thinking out loud here.....haha)
yeah there a guy who replaced his double din with a horizontal ipad
Old 07-04-2010, 05:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder who the manufacturer of the Ferrari dock was.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:17 PM

Preliminary testing tells me the iPad is a bit too wide since in horizontal mode, the biggest problem is it's slightyly too long and will protrude past the airbag area....hmmmm

Physical mounting is just one issue. I have a few other problems to work around.

rick

Quick Reply: First 7" Alpine Double DIn Installed...LQQK!