S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

FiberFill

Old 02-15-2005, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FiberFill

I need some for my Sub Box. Where's a good place to get it?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joann Fabrics or any craft type store. I just use the poly fill that they use for stuffing pillows or stuffed animals. Here is a link for Joann Fabric.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am just about to start building my sub box, fitting into the passengers side i thought it would remain empty inside except for the sub is this wrong?

i will be using a JL 8W7 sub building the box alot bigger to get JL's diamensions right but will be putting in one brace for support do i need to pad out the inside of the box? never built one before.
sealed enclosure 19mm MDF glued and screwed.

if somebody could let me know. cheers
Old 02-20-2005, 09:46 AM

Using Poly-fill:

Enclosure sizes:
Poly-fill can be used to make an enclosure seem slightly larger. It does this by slowing the movement of the air in the enclosure. This, in effect, smoothes the frequency response of the subwoofer's output and slightly improves its low frequency extension. This image shows, to what degree, it does both. The red line (no fill) has a slightly higher peak than the yellow line before it starts to roll off. The yellow line has a slightly improved low frequency extension when compared to the red line. The effect is not very dramatic but using poly-fill in this manner can sometimes make a subwoofer sound better.
towards the bottom of this page: http://www.bcae1.com/spboxad1.htm

you can read the whole page for more info.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:37 AM

cheers for the help, i think mine will need some as i cant make it any bigger than it is and th esub needs just a little more space.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up buying a Pillow for $3.99 at Taget (It was on Sale). It's filled with Poly FiberFill. It works great.....