S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

dynamat

Old 02-09-2007, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up dynamat

hey, i was jw...those of you that have used dynamat in your whole trunk, did it really help? and did u put the trunk liner back on after? or did you carpet it some other way? because right now i have a 12" L7 and when i turn it up i noticed alot of rattling coming from the trunk and when i look to see what it is...it seems to be the trunk liner... any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:09 AM

oh yea...also i have already dynamated the trunk lid and removed the plastic tray that hold the convertible. doing those two things helped alot but i still get an annoying rattle from inside the trunk and the locking mechanism..so i dont know what to do.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:20 AM

I put a small piece in between the plastic pieces of the locking mechanism and that helped. If you pull off the rear bumper cover (very easy to do) you'll find a vent for the trunk that has a rubber flap in it. I made it so that the flap stays open all the time which allows the excess air to escape the trunk and also not vibrate against the plastic housing and that helped tremendously. Take the bumper off and turn up your system and see how much that piece creates any unwanted sounds.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:48 AM

You don't need to remove the bumper to cover the vent flap. You can get at it from inside the trunk. Just pull off the the trunk liner piece that's around the latch from the trunk and you can see the opening. its on the left hand side looking down at it. Its black, its about 5" x 4" in size. Just cover it with some Dynamat and that will solve that problem.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:20 PM

oh alright. ill cover that up. thanks. so would you guyz recommend me dynamat the whole trunk? cuz i noticed that some of the plastic pins that hold the liner down arent too tight and i think thats doing some rattling too. and also...im planning to get some speakers/components soon...would u recommend me dynamat the door? cuz i think thats rattling too? or something thats around there is...and any recommendations on an amp to use for compnents and components? haha thanks for any advice. im new to this site and sorry if im writing too much
Old 02-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by freak21s2k,Feb 9 2007, 08:09 AM
oh yea...also i have already dynamated the trunk lid and removed the plastic tray that hold the convertible. doing those two things helped alot but i still get an annoying rattle from inside the trunk and the locking mechanism..so i dont know what to do.
Does it hurt the top if it has nothing to lay in?

I was thinking about mating the back of the tray. Has anyone tried that yet?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:20 AM

i covered the underneath of the convertible tray. I also did the top of the fuel tank and the spare tire area. id bet money on the fact your license plate is rattling too - i covered the back of mine in dynamat and reinstalled.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by S2000GT,Feb 13 2007, 08:20 AM
i covered the underneath of the convertible tray. I also did the top of the fuel tank and the spare tire area. id bet money on the fact your license plate is rattling too - i covered the back of mine in dynamat and reinstalled.
How much of a difference did under the tray and fuel tank/spare tire area make?

That seems to be where most of my exhaust sound is comming from.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by WTFWASTHAT?,Feb 13 2007, 10:25 AM
How much of a difference did under the tray and fuel tank/spare tire area make?

That seems to be where most of my exhaust sound is comming from.
im not sure exactly as i did my whole car in one go last winter - complete interior under carpet, trunk, spare tire area, undertray and doors. all together made a huge difference.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by S2000GT,Feb 13 2007, 08:31 AM
im not sure exactly as i did my whole car in one go last winter - complete interior under carpet, trunk, spare tire area, undertray and doors. all together made a huge difference.

Great job!

Did you remove any of that factory jute stuff around the fuel tank or did you dynamat around it?

being the sick arse I am...I bought a db meter to I can test the sound levels before and after.

Quick Reply: dynamat