S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Does anyone use a BASS Tube instead of a SUB??

Old 11-20-2003, 01:07 PM
SUH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone use a BASS Tube instead of a SUB??

First can someone tell me if this is a good deal.. Im going to purchase all these item from another board member.

Sound System- Sony Explode Head Unit, Kenwood Excelron front Speakers, Kenwood Exceleron rear speakers with Lucid Mounts, Rockford Fosgate 900W Amp and wiring harness to enable using the OEM dash controls for sound with the Sony head unit. The model number for the front speakers is Kenwood Excelon X178. The rear speakers are the Kenwood Excelon X501. -$600 (willing to part)

-The head unit is the exact one I had in my previous car so I know its ok... but the other parts as in the speakers and amp.. is it good?

head unit, amp, front speakers and rear speakers including rear panel for rear speakers all for $600.00 .. is it a good deal? OH yea also comes with the mod so I can use the left radio panel by our START button.

2nd question... I was thinking our cars are small... so Im thinking of just getting a Bazooka Tube.. does anyone here use a tube and if so.. is it worth it, sound clean, etc? If so which Bass tube is recomended.. I was thinking the tube that looks like the NOS canister so I can paint it silverstone to match car from BAZOOKA TUBES..

Opinions wanted.. thanks
Old 11-20-2003, 01:51 PM

Dont get the nitrous bottle one, thats just ridiculous. Otherwise, not to many people are happy with the results of BassTubes, and tend to go with a standard sub afterwards. Do not expect any impressive bass at all, my guess is that it would be more like what 6 by 9's produce. I would reccomend Either the Lucid box or one of WLaurents, I just purchased one of Laurents and I think I will be very happy with it.
gmoore
Old 11-20-2003, 08:59 PM
SUH

Thanks for the reply... but Im not really into systems so I dont quite need a big bass bumping noise I guess.. Something more clean and a little bass is ok.. Also is the price for all those items a good deal?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2003, 05:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can't really judge your headunit because i just don't have enough information... (ie model number) and since i don't know more about the amp or head unit -- i can't comment on the price you're getting.

still, if i were buying speakers for my car - i wouldn't buy Kenwoods. but that's just me, and i'm a about audio... given that you've said that "but Im not really into systems" -- listen to the Kenwoods... if you like them and they suit your needs -- buy away.

regarding a bazooka... i've heard them, i've owned them, and i'm friends w/ the owner of the company...

if you pick and power your bazooka right -- they can make insane amounts of bass for their size and for the power you supply them. generally speaking, they are strong subs for providing sound and resistant to physical abuse (those tubes are rugged)... and to top it off, they are pretty cheap in the scheme of things...
if you're looking for accurate or musical bass - they are a mistake. they are generally a high efficiency sub in an extreme ported enclosure... they are sloppy, you'll get port noise, they have a very obvious 'peak' frequency for their bass, and they can generally be described as boomy.

i hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:19 PM
SUH

Thanks for the response.. I somewhat get what your saying and kind of not.. since I dont know much about the system.. Well I dont know I just didnt want to waste to much on system and I figured a base tube is cheap and as long as it produces a little bass (more then stock) then its ok with me.. dont know I'll look around..

Thanks
Old 11-25-2003, 06:01 PM

Originally posted by SSS2k
Dont get the nitrous bottle one, thats just ridiculous.
No doubt. Pretty much the thought I had when I saw it advertised in a crutchfield mag. I know sometimes people are on a budget but in this case I think it's better to have no bass at all then a 'tube'.

I leave it to my home system for listening sessions. I'd never consider a car a good place for reference listening, but I am in the process of upgrading the system in my car to make the music a lil more tolerable.

SUH,
I'd look into Lucids 10" sub inclosure for an inexpensive alternative to a Bazooka tube.

Jon
Old 11-25-2003, 07:50 PM
SUH

hahah I saw it from crutchfield also... kool thanks for the idea.. I'll look into those subs.