S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

DIY INSTALL YOUR EDFC THE RIGHT WAY THE FIRST TIME

Old 05-07-2006, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DIY INSTALL YOUR EDFC THE RIGHT WAY THE FIRST TIME

As per EDFC instructions you have 4 wires to connect for the middle harness to supply power to the unit, and also to dim the unit when headlights/etc are on. one more thing the /constant power is used so the unit can store your 3 presets while car is off.

Wires (4)

- All time power supply (Yellow cable): Connect using a branch connector from the all time power supply.

- Accessory power supply (Red cable): Connect using a branch connector from the accessory power supply having sufficient electric capacity such as a cigarette lighter. Caution, if the red cable is connected to the accessory power supply not having sufficient electric capacity, sufficient electric power to operate a motor would not be obtained and also it would have a bad influence on the other electric car components.

- Illumination power supply (Green cable): Connect using a branch connector from the illumination power supply

- Ground Supply (Black cable):

so we have:

YELLOW(Constant)
RED(Acc)
GREEN(Illum)
BLACK(Ground)

1----Remove Fuse 26 from under dash box to eliminate constant power from going thru the wire your about to splice
2----Slide your seats forward and tilted fully so you can get behind them to remove panels
3----remove the clothes hooks behind the seats (2 screws in each)
4-----remove the vent panels behind both passenger and driver seats(5 snaps per seat be careful and take your time pulling)
5----notice wires on both sides located in looms
6----lets start on driver side, open the loom slightly and you will see a white wire (all white) this is the constant power wire going to your trunk pop in console)
7----EDFC comes w/ 3 t splices(the red things) very self explanitory to use, these are so you dont cut any existing wires in your car when tapping)
8---- splice the Yellow cable from EDFC onto the WHITE cable behind the driver seat
(this will connect the YELLOW to constant power) YELLOW=DONE
9----now go behind the passenger seat
10---- locate the White w/ RED (White wire w/ red stripe) in the loom
11----splice the RED cable from EDFC onto the WHITE/RED cable behind the passenger seat
(this will connect the RED to ACC power) RED=DONE
12---- now pop off your console (use screw driver and slowly pry it up/off..)
13---- the clip going into the "ROOF" button has... should be 5 wires going into it, on one end their is 2 wires top/bottom and other side 3 (two on end and a red/black one in the second row.
14----splice the GREEN cable from EDFC onto the RED/Black wire in the second column (please someone verify this for me as its been a few months since i have done. their should be TWO RED/Black (red w/ black stripe) wires in the ROOF clip, the one on the FAR end is the ACC coming off the switch, i.e. when the switch is depressed this wire then has power flowing to it.. the other is the one you want to connect to. this is on when the lights come on the car, this is the wire that lights up the LED inside the ROOF button)
GREEN=DONE

15--- take the black wire and unscrew a bolt/ any bolt in console/etc... rough up the metal w/ a little sandpaper... and place the wire between bolt and metal and tighten.. this will attatch the ground

YELLOW=DONE ( constant power behind driver seat WHITE wire)
RED=DONE (ACC power behind the pass seat WHITE/RED wire)
GREEN=DONE (Illum power in the ROOF harness under console REd/black wire)
BLACK=DONE (fixed to any metal object in car. fixed by a bolt)

hopefully this can help everyone who has an EDFC

to insure you got the right wire on the ROOF harness.. turn lights on/off should dim the unit.. if its wrong RED/black wire... it will dim when u depress the ROOF button, simply change red/black wires and you'll be done.. i will take a picture of the proper one as soon as i can to eliminate confusion

riley
Old 08-25-2006, 01:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Riley, i'm about to install with you instructions.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Former Moderator

Take no offense to this post Riley....

Someone verify for me that ALL the wiring/instructions are correct, and I will sticky this. Just want to double check and make sure it works 100%.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:04 AM

shes good cause mine is working. someone who did this as well please chime in

Old 09-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this is an old post, but it seems to have some good info. Cant find the white wire behind drivers seat.. found white with grey dot?
Old 09-07-2009, 02:03 PM

The white with red tracer wire behind the passenger seat is correct, DC power outlet.. There is also another acc wire behind the drivers seat, green with silver dot, going to an unused plug, little more convient..
Old 09-07-2009, 02:55 PM

White with silver dot is power on always. It goes to the button to open the trunk.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by pezjunki,Sep 7 2009, 06:03 PM
There is also another acc wire behind the drivers seat, green with silver dot, going to an unused plug, little more convient..
Green with silver dot is NO GOOD, dont use it! I just went under the dash.. F -it.