S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Dash cutting club

Old 08-05-2021, 11:49 AM

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Does anyone have pictures of the back side of a LHD dash? I pulled the radio front bezel bracket thing out today to install the 20th anniversary door and took some pics up in there with my phone and it looks like the mounting points for the navigation cage are there, but I'd like to see what the dash itself looks like from the back side before I tear the car apart just in case I need to buy some more screws to mount this thing.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:01 AM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Sorry I just saw your question today... Looks like you got it figured out already in the other thread
Old 06-07-2022, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kalm_traveler
Does anyone have pictures of the back side of a LHD dash? I pulled the radio front bezel bracket thing out today to install the 20th anniversary door and took some pics up in there with my phone and it looks like the mounting points for the navigation cage are there, but I'd like to see what the dash itself looks like from the back side before I tear the car apart just in case I need to buy some more screws to mount this thing.

There’s two mounting point (vents) in the way that have to be cut but are replaced by the JDM bracket as circled above.
Old 06-07-2022, 04:48 PM

I'm finally getting around to dipping my toes into the dash cutters club. I purchased a spare dash to do test cuts and mock up the JDM parts to try an predict any obstacles before I started cutting my original dash. I ran into my first obstacle, the vent I circled above (right) has a screw inside that goes into the OEM mounting point (before I cut it off to test the bracket). I have yet to look inside my car but is there an easy way of accessing that screw?
Old 06-08-2022, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Juice Steez
I'm finally getting around to dipping my toes into the dash cutters club. I purchased a spare dash to do test cuts and mock up the JDM parts to try an predict any obstacles before I started cutting my original dash. I ran into my first obstacle, the vent I circled above (right) has a screw inside that goes into the OEM mounting point (before I cut it off to test the bracket). I have yet to look inside my car but is there an easy way of accessing that screw?
edit

whoops i mean in my thread on this haha
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-el...nture-1209126/
Old 06-08-2022, 08:54 AM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I'm not sure what is involved in removing the dash. What I did was cut out the back of the JDM bracket and just stick my hand in there with a screw driver and install the mounting screws
Old 06-08-2022, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by randomwalk101
I'm not sure what is involved in removing the dash. What I did was cut out the back of the JDM bracket and just stick my hand in there with a screw driver and install the mounting screws
not too much but it takes a good 20 minutes. unbolt a few bolts/nuts, remove steering wheel and passenger air bag, unplug a bunch of electrical connectors on both sides.

The tough part of trying to do it all with the dash in the car is cutting the 2 mount legs that are in the way of where the JDM bracket goes I think
Old 06-08-2022, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by kalm_traveler
edit

whoops i mean in my thread on this haha
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-el...nture-1209126/
Thanks for linking your thread, those pictures would have saved many headaches early on for the brave few that tried lol. Seems like you need to pull the dash a bit to access the screw in the vent which I'm trying to avoid.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:53 PM

@kalm_traveler Did you ever get around to 3D printing the bezel? Also, where did you source the JDM navigation brackets? I did a quick Google search and couldn't source them locally and the JDM retailers don't have them.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Juice Steez
@kalm_traveler Did you ever get around to 3D printing the bezel? Also, where did you source the JDM navigation brackets? I did a quick Google search and couldn't source them locally and the JDM retailers don't have them.
Not yet - finally starting to have S2k weather here in Utah so I need to get around to it.

The metal mounting brackets that screw into the side of the deck and into the black plastic mounting cage thing is what I'm assuming you're asking about? I had to order them through Amayama https://www.amayama.com/en since they are able to order OEM parts from Honda directly there in Japan.

Quick Reply: Dash cutting club