S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Cruise control on euro S2K ??

Old 06-13-2003, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control on euro S2K ??

Hi guys,

Over the water, we don't get cruise even as an option, however the law enforcement getting ever tougher (especially here in France), cruise control is a good license protector when howling down the highway between home and track!

So.... can anyone tell me what parts list / numbers I need to fit the original Honda cruise control - and most of all, will the wiring looms be the same ??????

thanks for any answers

euros2k
Old 06-14-2003, 07:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have a parts list, but I bet it would be pretty long and expensive.

I am 99% sure the wiring is NOT in the car. I know that US cars without the factory security system don't have any of the security wiring. Even the Canadian DRL lamp in the dash is missing, and the wire for it is not in the wiring harness on US cars. So your instrument cluster won't have the lamp or wiring for the cruise indicator, and I bet none of the other wiring is there either.

You should check and see if the steering wheel wiring is there - it takes two wires through the steering column for Cruise control, and they are normally run along with the horn wire on a black 4-pin connector. The cruise wires will be light green/red and light green/black (horn is orange). If not on your car already it would be near-impossible to add them after the fact.

You might consider an after-market cruise control too, not as nice as factory, but definitely cheaper.