S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Center Console lighting Issue AP2

Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Console lighting Issue AP2

I am having an odd issue with the lighting of my center console switches - defroster, hazards, roof. When i purchased my car the roof switch would flicker when the lights were turned on. A light tap on the top of the switch would generally fix the issue. I have had no issues raising or lowering the roof which led me to believe that the light in the switch was just bad. However, recently the defroster switch has stopped working as the switch is not back lit however the light that lets you know the defroster is on has stopped working. Now I am not sure if this is just the light or if the defroster is not working since I have not had a reason to use it yet, but I will probably need wit with winter approaching. I have not had any issues with the hazard switch. All of the fuses are good. Before I started buying new switches from Honda... or Qube engineering. I wanted to see if anyone has had issues similar to mine and how they went about fixing them.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
I am having an odd issue with the lighting of my center console switches - defroster, hazards, roof. When i purchased my car the roof switch would flicker when the lights were turned on. A light tap on the top of the switch would generally fix the issue. I have had no issues raising or lowering the roof which led me to believe that the light in the switch was just bad. However, recently the defroster switch has stopped working as the switch is not back lit however the light that lets you know the defroster is on has stopped working. Now I am not sure if this is just the light or if the defroster is not working since I have not had a reason to use it yet, but I will probably need wit with winter approaching. I have not had any issues with the hazard switch. All of the fuses are good. Before I started buying new switches from Honda... or Qube engineering. I wanted to see if anyone has had issues similar to mine and how they went about fixing them.
that sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere I'd take all the center console apart and reattach all the electrical connections and pray. I had my roof light go out and replaced the bulb from Honda that wasent even that easy good luck.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by dsthez
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson' timestamp='1350398042' post='22085857
that sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere I'd take all the center console apart and reattach all the electrical connections and pray. I had my roof light go out and replaced the bulb from Honda that wasent even that easy good luck.

you mean the bulb inside the actual switch? How much was the part? I messed around with the connectior for 30min before I gave up. If you can replace the bulb inside the switch without replacing the switch itself that would be awesome. It would save me a little but of money.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 AM

Received 160 Likes on 115 Posts

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...atcgry5=SWITCH