S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Car Alarm help!!!

Old 04-15-2003, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Alarm help!!!

I will be getting my S2000 in 5 days (time is passing by so slowly!) I was wondering if anyone could recommend an alarm? I was looking at the Clifford Matrix 3... but being a newbie I have no idea what's good out there. I'm looking at around $350 installed at most... please help!!! Thanks!
Old 04-15-2003, 04:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Remember to factor in the cost of installation. I consider the quality of the installation far more important than the cost of the alarm.

I would recommend finding a shop that has good references. This is the kind of place that will do the install correctly the first time.

The brand of alarm also matters, but not as much as installation quality. Viper, Clifford, Alpine are all good brands and cover a wide price bracket. You will also want a dual-zone motion sensor if you ever want to park the car with the top down.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you might consider William's alarm offering. depending on the options you do or don't want, he offers a reasonably priced alarm that he sorta 'pre-wires' for the S2000.

just do a search for WLaurent and alarm - you should find it relatively quick.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:29 PM

Aren't his alarms based on the fact that one has an alarm already installed? Or does the remote entry system suffice?
Old 04-15-2003, 06:23 PM

i believe the remote entry suffices. i think it mainly just reuses the factory remotes...

still, you'd have to ask him. i talked to him about adding one to mine (and plan to do it in the coming months), and the question about whether i did or did not have the oem security never came up... *shrug*
Old 04-15-2003, 06:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I have talked to him about his offering for some time. I think if you are slighly good with your hands, you could install WLaurent. from what I understand all you need is the Factory keyless entry (standard on the S) and his offering. He has handled the wire harness, installation guide and everything. Also his customer service is outstanding. Great price, installation tailored to the S2k and your hands.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by ideugene
Aren't his alarms based on the fact that one has an alarm already installed? Or does the remote entry system suffice?
All you need is the OEM keyless entry. I think most people would agree that the factory alarm is not very good. Good choice in not getting your car with the over-priced dealer option.
Old 04-15-2003, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by ideugene
I will be getting my S2000 in 5 days (time is passing by so slowly!) I was wondering if anyone could recommend an alarm? I was looking at the Clifford Matrix 3... but being a newbie I have no idea what's good out there. I'm looking at around $350 installed at most... please help!!! Thanks!
You will love that 2 way alarm. I have one on my S2000.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:32 AM

Check out WLAURENT, he sells a prewired Hornet alarm with excellent instructions and priced fairly. I just installed it this weekend and it was relatively easy. Took about 3.5 hours. It uses existing OEM remote and he adds proximity sensor.
Old 04-24-2003, 08:31 AM

I installed it yesterday and all went well until about a minute ago. The alarm went off and my remote isn't doing anything to turn it off! I disconnected the siren for now. What could be causing this? I have to go out to run some errands but my car won't shut up!

Quick Reply: Car Alarm help!!!