S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

bluetooth on head unit

Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth on head unit

questions for those who have bluetooth on their head unit

what kind of stereo do u have?

how often do u use it?

does it have music streaming?

right now im looking at jvc, alpine, and pioneer.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Kenwood X994 in my ITR. The bluetooth phone stuff works surprisingly well (the ITR is loud, no sound deadening at all, etc). It also does BT music streaming so you can play Pandora from an iPhone, etc.

I also have my iPhone plugged in to the head unit while doing so, so it keeps the phone charged while using pandora - and if I get sick of pandora can just control the ipod from the HU, although that works better with the Nano I normally have hooked up.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR,Jul 15 2010, 11:19 AM
I have a Kenwood X994 in my ITR. The bluetooth phone stuff works surprisingly well (the ITR is loud, no sound deadening at all, etc). It also does BT music streaming so you can play Pandora from an iPhone, etc.

I also have my iPhone plugged in to the head unit while doing so, so it keeps the phone charged while using pandora - and if I get sick of pandora can just control the ipod from the HU, although that works better with the Nano I normally have hooked up.
i was looking at that one in a stereo store. how are the features. on a scale of 1-10 how is the functionality? any problems viewing in daytime with the top down? do u have it hooked up to the car stock controls?

the sales guy have a ipod touch and sinc it up no problem but i tried with my palm pre and it didnt work.

kinda makes me scared that my phone wont work, atleast for streaming. although it could be user error lol
Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 AM

i would not buy a new radio if it did not have blue tooth built in.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by dsms2k,Jul 15 2010, 12:36 PM
i was looking at that one in a stereo store. how are the features. on a scale of 1-10 how is the functionality? any problems viewing in daytime with the top down? do u have it hooked up to the car stock controls?

the sales guy have a ipod touch and sinc it up no problem but i tried with my palm pre and it didnt work.

kinda makes me scared that my phone wont work, atleast for streaming. although it could be user error lol
I have it in my ITR, as I've sold my S2000.

It's hard to see anyways if you don't pick a bright color for the display. On the plus side, you can set it for positive or negative display, and pos lights off, neg lights off and vice versa. Positive = text is "dark" background is bright, negative is the opposite.

EQ is decent, not great, but decent, the BT has worked flawlessy for me (iPhone 3GS), the USB connection works flawlessy with my Nano, but is buggy with the iPhone.

Button layouts are logical, menu access is logical also. No real complaints on that side.

The display is the biggest issue, but I've yet to find any recent HU with a good display for viewing in bright light.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 PM

right now im leaning towards the jvc since its the only one that can stream music via bluetooth. but i was kind of wondering if i would use it that much anyways?

heres the ones ive been looking at:

Alpine CDE-103BT
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500CDE103B/Al...owAll=N&tp=5684

Pioneer DEH-P6200BT
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_130P6200BT/Pi...owAll=N&tp=5684

JVC Arsenal KD-A815
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_105KDA815/JVC...owAll=N&tp=5684
Old 07-15-2010, 02:45 PM

I have the JVC KD-AVX77 and It has everything you would need for bluetooth phones. I can attach two phones via bluetooth at the same time (Blackberry=Pandora Streaming and Hero/Pre=Phone Calls) HU will switch to incoming calls, and holds 100 Contacts. The one thing that would made this the perfect unit for bluetooth would be if I can listen to my iPod and the Nav on my phone would inform me of my up coming turns (It will inform you if you have the source switched to bluetooth)
Old 07-16-2010, 07:55 AM

can anyone comment on how well bluetooth phone works with the top up or down?
Old 07-17-2010, 07:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i have pioneer deh-p7000bt.
works fine.
it has inherent problem with Nokia phones - but nokia minded firmware update for deh-700bt from pioneer EU site resolved the problem.

have external AUX input and rear USB input.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:28 PM

My HU (JVC KD-AVX77) has the external mic that I mounted just behind the steering wheel and It sounds good w/ Windows & Top Up but anytime I hit VTEC or any high reving then all you hear is the engine When top down it sound terrible

I don't think any bluetooth will sound good with the top down.

Quick Reply: bluetooth on head unit