S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

bazooka subs???

Old 11-26-2001, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got an 8" Bazooka mounted in the trunk. I attached it to a board which was cut to fit into the "hole" just above the tools. I've got two channels of a Kenwood four channel amp running it. For me, it does fine at most any volume level and speed. I'm sure I could have gotten better sound by spending more money and getting a custom box, but I didn't buy my S2000 to listen to the radio!
Old 11-27-2001, 01:06 PM

i need to put in the sub tomorrow to see for myself then, cuz i guess everyone has there own opinion. guess i have to do it myself and see. those of yall with the subs in, did you use the rear speaker output for the subs or did you tap into the front speakers?
Old 11-27-2001, 01:21 PM

I have an 8" Bazooka tube. I placed it behind the passenger seat. The seat is all the way forward and it fits fine. Of course, no one can sit there unless they are shorter than 5 feet.

It comes with a plug and if I carry a passenger, I just unplug it and throw it in the trunk. I drive alone 99% of the time so the passenger seat space is of little consideration.

It sounds wonderfull. Bass is full and easily heard even at 100 + mph. I can post pics if you are interested.
Old 11-28-2001, 12:15 PM

Where in the trunk did you place the Bazooka Tube. These type of designs are best when they are...
I just placed it in the bottom of the trunk above the tool holder. I did not want to mess with any special brackets or mounting mods. I've heard that Bazooka's work best when they can be pointed into a corner. But I also wanted trunkspace. With the tool holder out, the Basslink fits right in there. With my setup, I can fit two (mine and my fiancee's) golf bags with other small misc bags for a weekend trip.

I'm considering the JL Audio Stealthbox. The box itself will take up about the same amount of room as the Basslink. However, I don't know where I will mount the amp, if I decide that route.

Old 11-28-2001, 02:10 PM
CAJ

Hello all, new to the board. Thought this was an interesting thread. Wanted to input on some of the options for mounting a bass sub in the S2K. I recently purchased one and immediately retrofitted a sub into the trunk. My main concern was maximizing my bass responce while not losing any or very little trunk space.

I removed the tool tray in the trunk and the styrofoam carrying mould. I took measurements and built a "mold" for a fiberglass box. This worked perfectly and only took me about 5 hours from start to finish. After letting the box set up for about 48 hours, I placed it into the hole where my tools used to be. It comes level with the trunk lining making it flat across. Dropped a Bazzoka 12" Subwoofer into it. Installed an MTX amp behind the passenger seat where the seat could be in the furthest back position. I have a "bass management control knob (manufactured and made by MTX for this style amp) mounted beside my right calf while sitting in the drivers seat easily within reach while driving. Also installed a set of infinity Kappa components that are pushed by a JBL amplifier (mounted in the well behind the drivers seat and above the gas tank. This had just enough room to push the amp in place with the crossovers and everything hidden once the panel is put back on. Sounds awesome!!!! Anyone can do this if they dedicate a weekend to it.

If anyone out there knows how to retrofit a aftermarket radio while keeping the dash controls, I would greatly appreciate the response, thanks!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 02:43 PM

CAJ,

Sound great, any pics?

For aftermarket headunit and dash controls do a search on "PAC".
Old 11-28-2001, 03:06 PM
CAJ

Matrix, not yet, but I do have a digital cam and will be taking pictures as soon as I go to the store and get some cd's. I am new so I will probably need some help posting the pics on here once I have them. I'll email you some if you want.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:09 PM

Look forward to seeing them.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:46 PM

CAJ, need info on how to make the box. check you pm....

kevin
Old 11-29-2001, 02:26 PM
CAJ

Basically, I just went to Home Depot and bought there fiberglass and sheets (they sell it as a kit also). The hub in the trunk when the styrofoam tool tray is removed is about the correct airspacing for a Bazooka 12" sub. (Also many other brands can do). Make your box and mould the fiberglass to a 1inch piece of MDF board. Drill a hole in the bottome of the box (only 1/4" wide) and feed you speaker wire through from the bottom of the box to the back of the passenger seat. You may choose to make a mold to make the box outside the trunk and then install. If so then remove the entire trunk liner. You will be able to conceive a good mold from using the liner itself. Install amp and sub and your done. Make sure to make the box atleast 4 sheets thick for strength. email me if you have any questions.

Quick Reply: bazooka subs???