S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

bazooka subs???

Old 11-25-2001, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bazooka subs???

I just bought the el8a-hp, does anyone have experience with bazooka in the s2k? pls give feedback (what it sounds like?)
thx,
kevin
Old 11-25-2001, 01:25 PM

The bazookas are great subs and will give you the rich bass sounds you are looking for....at certain speeds.

The body of the s2k is reinforced, making a trunk mounted sub that much harder to hear. At speeds under 45mph it adds a lot, but over that, it dimishes.

The underseat sub may be the way to go. It wasn't available when I upgraded. Also, the rear panel speakers have got to make a BIG difference! I'll be doing that next.

Good luck!
Old 11-25-2001, 01:35 PM

do you have the 8 or 10"? did you mount it in the trunk well?
Old 11-26-2001, 09:40 AM

8" in the trunk, far left hand side. That position leaves the most trunk room.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:50 AM

Mine worked good going slow, but once the speed started getting up there the Bazooka just didn't seem strong enough. It does give you good bang for the buck, and doesn't take up a lot of space.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:51 AM

where in the trunk is it?
Old 11-26-2001, 12:17 PM

my personal opinion of bazooka is not that great, to me, they sound hallow and boomy. and as far as space is concnered, a small 10 or 8" in a generic tube enclosure sounds far superior.

but I had a chance to hear their recent stand alone sub drivers, not the tubes, and they sound decent for the price.

I would recoomend going against a bazooka tube, for the money, try a small 10" that needs a small box, a lot of them need around .5 cubfeet, and that will positively leave you with a decent amount of trunk space...

just my two bits.

b
Old 11-26-2001, 12:54 PM

I considered going with a higher quality sub, but most of my driving is top-down. With the wind and road noise, it doesn't make sense to put in a high-end sub!

I'd rather put the $$ in performance mods.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:47 PM

I installed a Bazoka and I was very disappointed. I then installed a Infinity Basslink and I was much more satisfied (relatively speaking).

I had both of them for about two weeks, switching between the two in all conditions. The Basslink performed much better.

Now remember what you are buying. The Basslink will not shake the neighborhood by any means. A custom box would perform much better the Basslink. However, there were other factors such as space and amp mounting that factored in my situation.

Also, I am considering upgrading to JL Audio Stealthbox next year (my S2000 is in storage now ) . However, it will cost much more than what I have now. It will sound better, I assure, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money for me. I know others who would jump at it in a heartbeat.
Old 11-26-2001, 03:48 PM

I installed a Bazoka and I was very disappointed. I then installed a Infinity Basslink and I was much more satisfied (relatively speaking).
Where in the trunk did you place the Bazooka Tube. These type of designs are best when they are placed along the side of the trunk with the speaker firing to the corner. They rely on the car's body to assist in bass production.

Quick Reply: bazooka subs???