S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Battery relocation kit?

Old 01-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Battery relocation kit?

Anyone has a battery relocation kit? I want to move the battery to the trunk of the car to take some weight out of the front. Also Im in need of a good battery, I want a light and good battery. What do you guys recommend?
Old 01-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Former Moderator

Why would you want to ruin the 50/50 weight distribution by moving your battery for no apparent reason?

Anyway, I dont know of any kit out there, most people do it themselves. You need a terminal to connect the Honda power wire, you your own wire that you run to the trunk. You also need to do so for the negative terminals. You need to build a secure tray to house the battery, and it needs to be vented (preferably fresh air)....As for lightweight batteries, most people here use Odyssey racing batteries.

However, I cant prove it, and dont care if no one believes me, but if a race battery is installed in a regular car (not race prepped), your spark is weaker, and your car, essentially loses hp.

This has been proven with grounding systems (which provide a few HP by stabilizing the spark) and the same holds true with a car full of accessories with a small battery. Less juice to go around.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:50 PM

The cars not perfectly 50/50 anyhow. Its slightly front heavy. Moving the battery might actually even it out, though its still staying between the axles.

I dont think Ive seen a "kit". Take it to a good audio shop and have them do it.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a kit for my CRX when I put the battery in the hatch. I had to make room for some turbo piping in the engine bay, but that's another story. Anyway, they had the kit at http://www.summitracing.com/ I don't know if they still do. It came with a battery box, wiring and hardware.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:13 PM

i just bought a two gauge amp kit from crutchfield. it came with enough 2 gauge wire to relocate the battery to the trunk and hook up my amp. got an odyssey battery on order. gonna be installing everything but the battery tomorrow. can post some pics then.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by squirrels2k,Jan 16 2007, 11:13 PM
i just bought a two gauge amp kit from crutchfield. it came with enough 2 gauge wire to relocate the battery to the trunk and hook up my amp. got an odyssey battery on order. gonna be installing everything but the battery tomorrow. can post some pics then.
That would be really nice.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:05 PM

bring on the pics.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:54 PM

I actually replaced all the wiring from the fusebox on. Makes it look MUCH cleaner but I say if you're not doing that, measure the distance you need from where the stock one was, across the engine bay, through the firewall, down the driver's door sill, up the back, through the trunk and to wherever you want to mount. I added an extra foot for good measure. The only difficult part is making a mounting bracket. You're probably going to get some generic HUUUGE box or tray.

As for a lightweight battery, people are using Braille and Buddy Club. If you want all out performance from your battery get a Kinetik.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:26 AM

sorry, i got called to work out of town. gonna do the wiring in this morning. here's a pic of my fusebox remounted and battery out.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:41 AM

Quick Reply: Battery relocation kit?