S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Awesome: Installed Kenwood MP919 H/U using Lucid's Harness and prewired SWI-X

Old 04-15-2002, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome: Installed Kenwood MP919 H/U using Lucid's Harness and prewired SWI-X

Hi all,

I got my S2K harness and SWI-x on friday and went at it on Saturday.

WOW, I coul'd believe how easy it was. My only problem was getting everything to fit behind the head unit (The install took about 1Hr). The sound is a good improvement over the stock unit. The only issue now is that I need to replace the speakers. I'm waiting for shipment of a set of Panasonic SS177s and I'll be stylin'. Thanks Lucid! sharp work.
Old 04-15-2002, 03:59 PM

Congratulations. I strongly recommend you the rear speakers. They are a must.
Now I'm replacing the HU but at Cruthfield they told me that ANY receiver will not fit well because the factory radio is bigger than the regular radios. Any problems? Is there a big opening left? Please post pics too. Thanks.
PS: I just ordered my Semibuilt PAC+Harness from Lucid too. I'll post pictures when everything is up and running.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:33 AM

Originally posted by Naka
Congratulations. I strongly recommend you the rear speakers. They are a must.
Now I'm replacing the HU but at Cruthfield they told me that ANY receiver will not fit well because the factory radio is bigger than the regular radios. Any problems? Is there a big opening left? Please post pics too. Thanks.
PS: I just ordered my Semibuilt PAC+Harness from Lucid too. I'll post pictures when everything is up and running.
Thanks Naka. Width wise it fits perfectly. I had a little trouble getting the MP919 to fit depth wise (I had to use some force in the end). No opening whatsoever. Good luck with your install.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:37 PM

Hi, I thought Id let you know I installed some 150 W Pioneer component woofers in my doors and tweeters on the inside surface of the windshield frame near the dash. The kit came with crossovers as well.I painted them semi-flat black to match.
I was all set to buy an MP3 player but they only had really expensive units in stock. So I bought the Pac swi-X for future use.
The sound improvement is incredible.
The tweeters being up at almost ear level make such a difference. Especially since I'm 6'4" and my legs block the door speakers. I'm not in such a hurry to replace the stereo anymore but I'd appreciate suggestions as to what head units have been successfully interfaced with the PAC- SWI-X to retain the Dash Controls. Thanks All !!!
Old 04-17-2002, 04:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SeaDoXPL
[B]Hi, I thought Id let you know I installed some 150 W Pioneer component woofers in my doors and tweeters on the inside surface of the windshield frame near the dash. The kit came with crossovers as well.I painted them semi-flat black to match.
I was all set to buy an MP3 player but they only had really expensive units in stock. So I bought the Pac swi-X for future use.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:26 AM

Ayron,
My 150 W Pioneer woofers aren't even being tickled by the Factory Head Unit. The power rating of the speaker means nothing without the power to push them.
I need to Get as much Power in the new MP3 Head unit as possible.
Something that's bridgeable into 2 channels at at least 50 Watts a side.
I'm looking to keep it under $ 300 for the head unit.

Any input and suggestions from S2KOnline users would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2002, 07:48 AM

Originally posted by SeaDoXPL
Ayron,
My 150 W Pioneer woofers aren't even being tickled by the Factory Head Unit. The power rating of the speaker means nothing without the power to push them.
I need to Get as much Power in the new MP3 Head unit as possible.
Something that's bridgeable into 2 channels at at least 50 Watts a side.
I'm looking to keep it under $ 300 for the head unit.

Any input and suggestions from S2KOnline users would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Try PMing Lucid. He's the de facto "sound Advice" guy.

How much did those speakers run you?

The Mp919 has a rating of 50Wx4 not sure if they are bridgeable
Old 04-17-2002, 08:18 AM

Lucid already gave me his opinion in another post , he said most units with an IR Remote that use the 45-55 KHZ frequency will work with the exception of Some sony XM units. Thats why I'm looking for everone's own experiences and I'm curious as to their likes and dislikes about the head units they chose after using them for a while.
The Pioneer components were 90 Bucks Wholesale
They included a pair of 6 1/2 Woofers , a pair of 1 inch tweeters and a pair of crossovers. I think the model # was TS 1653 , but don't quote me on that.
Thanks