S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

anyone have the oem optional alarm added to s2000?

Old 07-26-2006 | 02:48 PM

Red face anyone have the oem optional alarm added to s2000?

Security System
Genuine Honda S2000 Security System. Remote operation, door ajar warning, auto relock function, sounds horn and flashes lights when triggered, glass breakage detector, door and trunk sensors. Includes attachment kit with all parts needed for installation.

listed slightly down the page here:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/s2000-03.html

does this make the old keyfobs useless (making pushing unlock do nothing, no lights/no unlock)

or it only makesthem not disengage alarm

i.e. still unlocks/locks/trunk..

i called someone w/ honda and they states that.. the Honda keyless entry system (unlock/lock/trunk'ness) can only hold 3 keyfob frequencys in memory..

i.e. if you reprogrammed a new keyfob 3 times over (he said do 4 to make sure) that it would totally bump the old codes out (i still have 1 old keyfob i could check with if i bought new one.)

i was thinking of buying the security system (retail 480, but i could get 279$^^above..) which comes w/ 2 new fobs.. that i could program 2 times each and bump the oldone out.

this sound sgood in theory but i still prefer personal experience>>>theory

please post below if any information pertaining to this

riley
Old 07-27-2006 | 04:35 AM

I installed the factory alarm with optional hood unit on my '05. Using instructions that comes with the unit it's a pretty straight forward install I might add. If I understand your concern, the alarm does come with 2 new remotes. I found, however, adding the alarm will make your original remotes useless. All functions remain the same through the newly provided remotes, i.e., lock/unlock and trunk. However, the new remotes, obviously, will add arming and disarming of the alarm as it locks and unlocks the doors. Trunk still opens with push of the "option" button. I do feel like you have to hold the option button a bit longer, however, to ensure signal for trunk opening and there's not a whole lot of distance allowed for activation of the unit via remote. The alarm will sound 2 horn blasts to remind you if you try to lock/arm the vehicle before closing the doors, the trunk, or the hood (w/optional attachment). And by the way, if for some reason you have to go into the passenger compartment or the trunk once the system is armed, you can only do so via remote control without tripping the alarm-- assuming you don
Old 07-27-2006 | 03:56 PM

so in a nut shell the addon OEM alarm system made the old keyfobs useless (didnt do anything to car anymore?)

or did they still unlock/lock car but they didnt disengage the alarm.

i want them to do nothing. thats why im asking
Old 07-27-2006 | 04:30 PM

Yep, they did nothing that I was able to recognize, so I boxed them up.
Old 07-27-2006 | 04:40 PM

awesome/

thank you.. exactly what i was looking to hear

idk if ima do install tho friend of mine is parts manager ima ask him about install time..

install directions do look easy tho. just plug and play