S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

Alpine ida-x305 with Modifry DCI and Harness

Old 01-09-2010, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the exact setup you are looking at (x305, wired DCI, PnP harness) and it is completely plug and play. iPhone 3G works perfectly, so does the dimmer function (I think the dimmer didn't work properly on some earlier Alpine units, but not this one).
Old 11-10-2010, 03:31 AM

is it possible for you to change/skip song with the side/control buttons with this setup?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by friskus,Nov 10 2010, 04:31 AM
is it possible for you to change/skip song with the side/control buttons with this setup?
Yes. The modifry dci has what he calls tap and press where a tap of some buttons does something different from a press.

A tap of the mode button skips a song.

I installed the x305s and modifry dci and pnp adapter and it was easily worth the money. You literally snap one end in and then the other and it just works. It's wonderful for a noob like me.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:44 AM

i have an iphone 4.. does the 305 charge iphone through usb? tia.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:27 PM

does this charge the iphone 3gs?
Old 11-13-2010, 03:52 PM

well i cannot speak for this unit, but i think im going to end up with the sonystyle gt740UI. i went to BB and tried their previous model with my iphone 4 and plugged in my usb and aux cable. it charged my iphone while playing over AUX. i use my phone for navigon. it will complement very well
Old 11-14-2010, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmms8,Nov 13 2010, 12:44 PM
i have an iphone 4.. does the 305 charge iphone through usb? tia.
The IDA-X305S charges my iphone 4. I'm assuming that means it will also do the 3G(S) as well.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:22 PM

I just completed this installation in my car (IDA-X305S head-unit, KTP-445 power-pack, Modifry Wired DCI and matching Alpine harness)

The Modify kit makes everything totally plug and play, even with the power-pack. It works flawlessly, and adds features to what you can do with the stock radio buttons (more info on his site, modify.com)

One thing though, if you aren't planning to go all out with your audio (like me), I'd highly recommend the power-pack. I already had upgraded door speakers in the car (from the previous owner) and the the power-pack upgrades the head-unit's 18w per channel to 50w per channel. I am telling you, if you have decent door speakers, you can listen to crisp clear music (especially with a hard-top) and the power from the power-pack is more than enough for me (for now)

Also, regarding the charging thing, the Alpine charges my phone surprisingly fast, unlike my wife's VW (which takes forever to charge even half way) Good luck with your install - let me know if you have any more question s
Old 11-16-2010, 09:38 AM

I had a couple of people PM me after my post last night. So I thought I'd add a bit more information here:

All you'll need is the wired DCI harness and module from modifry. This is what it looks like:

http://www.modifry.com/products/dci/wired_dci.htm

You can buy it here:

http://www.modifry.com/products/dci/buy.htm

I just picked "Wired DCI for Alpine - $90" in step 1, and "PNP without SCV - $25" in step 3, and processed the payment.

Basically, one end of the harness will go to your factory plug (mine is blue) and the other end will go into the Alpine, and make sure you also plug in the remote control plug (the white one in the picture above)

It comes with instructions, just double check the dip switch settings on the DCI module and make sure you select the options you need.

Then, enjoy using "enhanced" factory controls
Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just got modifry pnp alpine harness & wired dci to go with my alpine ida-x305s did the simple install but not getting any sound at all. I put my stock radio back in and I get sound. I'm not quite sure what it is im possibly doing wrong. I know this is suppose to be really simple job considering I got the pnp harness and I'm quite sure I did install it correctly. Could it be a setting on the HU?

Help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Alpine ida-x305 with Modifry DCI and Harness