S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

alpine dash kit

Old 10-25-2003 | 11:00 PM

Hmm so actually if I would put all front it wouldent put more power to the front speakers than it does in normal setting huh?

Since we have same time correction what is a good setting for that 0-15?
Oh and I got that k part, now when I set the bass for like 70, instead of 100 what happens? The speaker starts playing only 70 and below and send the rest to the sub or opposite playes 60 and 70 itself and sends the rest higher ones to the sub?
Treble crossover selects between component and the miod speaker?
I am gonna go downstairs with my manual right now and try to figure that thing out.
Old 10-27-2003 | 05:08 AM

nope. you won't gain any power by rolling the fader all to the front.

hrm.... are you sure it's 0-15? now that i'm thinking about it, i think the time correction has a larger range than that... what range does the fader/balance have? let me check back on this one... i'll need to download your manual or stop by a store and see how the buttons and configurations have changed from my model to yours.
for what it is worth, i have my time correction set for 1.3ms delay on the front left speaker.

the low and high pass crossovers control what signal you send to the sub (low) and components (high). the signal sent to the tweeter and mid is controlled by the crossover for the component set, which probably resides somewhere in your door and that usually isn't adjustable.

do you have a sub? and what components/speakers are you using? i'm realizing i really don't know much about your system - so a few more details would help me explain what's going on...
Old 10-28-2003 | 01:11 AM

Well first of all you are right time correction goes all the way up to 99. So 1.3ms will be settig 13 I belive. I have stock speakers and no sub for now, but i have a 350 watt sub amp waiting to be put itn with a 12 in sub. Also waitin on the speakers trying to make a choice. This corssover thing is killing me i havebeen playing with it the whole day and I couldent make it sound ok except having them flat and volume down.
Old 10-28-2003 | 06:12 AM

1.3ms is 13. yes. and that's what i use based on my calculations for my height, sitting position, speaker location, etc. given that you have an '03, it might be a bit different for you... maybe others will chime in on what they use.

now -- regarding the crossover setting. are you familiar with what a crossover does? (before i write a long rant for no reason) if not, ask and i'll outline the idea.

if you have no sub, you should set the crossover to off or flat. that's where it should be, since a crossover is used to filter out certain frequencies and steer them to other speakers. given that you only have stock speakers and no sub - you want the crossover off.
the stock speakers aren't exactly power handling monsters you know... so if the volume thing is distorting a lot -- try turning off the MX and setting both treble and bass to 0 and the crossover off/flat. then see if you can't get more volume. then add slight amounts of bass or treble to tweak the sound to your liking. as an fyi though -- i have them set at 0 myself...