S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

alpine dash kit

Old 10-24-2003 | 07:46 PM

Default alpine dash kit

I have a cda-9811 alpine and i have just installed it myself. The adapter worked pretty well and the sound is nice.
The problem is I need a dash kit for it since it does not fit well where the stock deck was, i went to the local audio shop and they did not have it and told me that no one makes them. I have been told that they need to cut it custom and will cost me 40 dollars which doesnt makes sense to me i mean there are so many alpine owning s2ks around and there is no dash kit for it?
( I have searched and i couldent find nothing on this board). So where can I get one of those? Also I can find my metal slide for the deck i might of leave it on my old car but i probably will need that too if anyone knows where to get one.
Old 10-24-2003 | 08:05 PM

You are supposed to use the brackets off the stock radio and put them on your Alpine. It will bolt right up just like the stock unit. I have the CDA-7995 and fit perfect.
Old 10-24-2003 | 08:06 PM

dash kit?!

huh?

why do you need a dash kit?

this is my Alpine head unit installed without a dash kit. am i missing something?!

Old 10-25-2003 | 02:06 AM

oh hmmm
so i actually only need the balck plastic piece around it? It looks like it i have the same (maybe same looking) unit. I will try that tomorrow. Sorry kinda stero knowledge not very high here.
Old 10-25-2003 | 02:18 AM

aight aight
3 am here just ran back to the garage and instlaled the brakets now its ecure, tomorrow ill get that black squaker thing to cover up the space around the deck. Tnx for the help guys.
Old 10-25-2003 | 06:37 AM

no problem.

just wanted you to be able to get it 'right' w/o having to spend $40 on 'custom' work.

if you need some pics of it pulled out and going back in, let me know and i'll see what i can do.
Old 10-25-2003 | 02:36 PM

yeah
is that a 9811 -13-15?
how do u like the titantium shifter?
Old 10-25-2003 | 05:31 PM

it's a Alpine CDA-7894... last year's model, but i like it since all the buttons are amber. my only regret is that it doesn't have the newer unit's crossover settings.

pics of my whole setup are here in this thread, including a shot of the headunit in the dark.

and it's an Aluminum shifter -- that was how the MY00 and MY01 shifters were... and i love it. i've checked out/tried the leather wrapped shifters... and they are not for me.
Old 10-25-2003 | 07:22 PM

u know what i like your shifter better too. nice unit by the way.
Well I have some settings on mine too ( the button between mx and bass settings)when you hit it you can change front back left right 0 to 15 i think i have no idea what it does. and the k setting like bass 60-200 i think and treble 12.5 15 etc. The only thing i can adjust is bass,treble, sub, thats it.
by the way we have 2 speakers what should i do with front back settings? put all front since there are no back speakers anyway?
Old 10-25-2003 | 10:28 PM

you really should read your manual, as there is a lot of features that you're not getting use from.

the 0-15 setting front back left right - is a time delay function that allows you to center the stereo image at your listening position. the manual explains the basics on how to do it.

the k setting that you mention, is actually frequency. only some should have the k, as it stands for 1,000 (like y2k). anyway, the frequency you're adjusting is the crossover frequency for the speakers (front, back, and sub). it allows you to sets things up to where you route all your bass to your sub and allow your fronts/rears to produce highs. once again, this is fairly well explained in the manual.

and since you have no rear speakers, just set the fader in the middle. it really doesn't matter.

Quick Reply: alpine dash kit